Cruise Organization Binder

alexandr325

Just a thought to the new cruisers (something my parents told me about) get your self a binder (mine is zippered) and organized everything into it. Get yourself tabbed dividers, one for airlines, hotel, cruise, each port, vital records, and misc. Then add the clear pockets to each tab area so you can put the info for each thing (tickets, reservations, ship layouts, port information, excursions available at each port, copies of all credit cards, driver licenses, prescription information, etc.) and add three extra to each area for receipts, brochures, daily cruise newsletter, and those little tidbits that you seem to collect. Then when your vacation is done most of it is already organized into a scrapbook type of thing.

This will be our first cruise and the book has been real fun to put together and has made things easy to find and will be right at hand when I need it on our trip. Just a thought.

Scott

Custom Inspectors would love your idea. They simply go to your receipt file and cross check it against what you declared.

Bet most people "forget" to put that newly purchased expensive jewelry, watch, hand bag, clothing they are wearing on their Customs Form but kept the receipt for insurance appraisal purposes, to verify amount charged against credit card, etc.

Be careful your idea does not come back to bite you when you least expect it or desire it.:D

Custom Inspectors would love your idea. They simply go to your receipt file and cross check it against what you declared.

Bet most people "forget" to put that newly purchased expensive jewelry, watch, hand bag, clothing they are wearing on their Customs Form but kept the receipt for insurance appraisal purposes, to verify amount charged against credit card, etc.

Be careful your idea does not come back to bite you when you least expect it or desire it.:D

I had that idea last year when me and my wife went on Adventure of the seas. It made it so easy to find things in a hurry.:) Now i'm taking all the adventure stuff out and replacing it with Mariner stuff. :cool: I really recomend people to do this.

Sounds like a good idea, except a binder takes up a lot of room. We take a large ziplock baggie and put our print outs of airline tickets, car rental, hotel rental or tickets for the ship into it. We write large at the top of each print out what it's for. If it's more than one page, we staple it all together. We have a carry-on for when we fly and one outside pocket fits this large ziplock bag perfectly. We always know exactly where our documents are and they are easy to get to since they are on the outside of our carry on luggage. I keep a book for reading in one section of the carry on's outside pockets and a map and some granola bars in the top section. Everyone has a different way to organize and I'm all for whatever works for each. But this system works for me.

I bought a plastic expanding canceled check folder. It is just a little bit larger than a piece of paper that has been tri-folded and contains 13 pockets with tabs and a strong elastic to hold it closed. On each tab I write, in pencil, things like "airline", "car rental", "cruise docs", "purchase receipts", etc. It fits in the top, outside pocket of my roll-aboard. Works great.

Just a thought to the new cruisers (something my parents told me about) get your self a binder (mine is zippered) and organized everything into it. Get yourself tabbed dividers, one for airlines, hotel, cruise, each port, vital records, and misc. Then add the clear pockets to each tab area so you can put the info for each thing (tickets, reservations, ship layouts, port information, excursions available at each port, copies of all credit cards, driver licenses, prescription information, etc.) and add three extra to each area for receipts, brochures, daily cruise newsletter, and those little tidbits that you seem to collect. Then when your vacation is done most of it is already organized into a scrapbook type of thing.

This will be our first cruise and the book has been real fun to put together and has made things easy to find and will be right at hand when I need it on our trip. Just a thought.

Scott

I did something similar for our cruise. I got a clear binder that was divided into several folders. Kept the air reservations in one, hotel, ship and tour info. Worked very well for us.

Archived