I should be packing

mothergoose3

My problem is that I usually over pack. Half of what I bring never sees the light of day. That’s probably because I do pack the night before we leave. Usually don’t put much thought into it.

Must remember for February:

Board Shorts

3 Tank Tops

Flip Flops

Suit, shirt, tie, and dress shoes

Dress pant and print shirt

Cargo Shorts

If I can just stick to this plan...I could use my other suitcase for "liquid" luggage ;).

My problem is that I usually over pack. Half of what I bring never sees the light of day. That’s probably because I do pack the night before we leave. Usually don’t put much thought into it.

Must remember for February:

Board Shorts

3 Tank Tops

Flip Flops

Suit, shirt, tie, and dress shoes

Dress pant and print shirt

Cargo Shorts

If I can just stick to this plan...I could use my other suitcase for "liquid" luggage ;).

LOL, if I tried to pack any earlier, I would pack even more than I usually do!!!! Believe me, my friends all laugh at me... I do this for business trips and vacation... I am the worlds worst last minute packer :D On a trip to Dallas last year, I packed last minute, middle of the night, after too many cocktails. Got to Dallas, for a 4 day trip, with about 16 bras, 12 pairs of panties, and hardly ANY actual clothes :p Doesn't always work out for me!!! :D

I am a nutball about packing. I have lists and lists of lists......... I plan everything out as to what I will wear each day (day-pool, day-on board/excursions and night) along with all of my undergarments, shoes, accessories etc to go with each outfit. It's crazy!!:eek: But, I don't really overpack since everything is planned out. My problem is that I am usually so antsy to get on with the cruise already that I start packing up to two weeks ahead of time. This year we were scheduled on the Victory for 10/23 but because of Wilma we ended up cancelling the day before we were supposed to leave and I (obviously) was already packed. We re-scheduled for 11/26 on the Triumph, SO, I have now been packed for so long that even with my checked off lists I'm going to have to pull everything out and re-pack it just to be sure of what I have. YIKES!!!

I don't think I could ever pack the day before or not have my lists although it might be pretty entertaining (for ???) to go around for a week in a different bra/panty and no actual clothes! ;)

I feel your pain! The only reason I was packed early in September was because we had to evacuate for Rita and I was not going to run the risk of not being able to go on my cruise because I couldn't get to my personal belongings still at home! It was overwhelming to say the very least!!

Got to Dallas, for a 4 day trip, with about 16 bras, 12 pairs of panties, and hardly ANY actual clothes:D

LOL...now that's something I would do except WHO HAS that many bras? I packed one time for Hawaii via San Francisco and didn't pack any shoes except the ones on my feet. Guys might not understand that but it was a major problem for me!

For a cruise, lay everything you want to take on a bed. Then put half of it back in the closet. Find the closest laundry on board and you're set. I mean what's worse....doing a load on the ship for $5.00 or having a bunch of laundry when you get home????

If only I could listen to my own advice. :rolleyes:

I am a nutball about packing. I have lists and lists of lists......... I plan everything out as to what I will wear each day (day-pool, day-on board/excursions and night) along with all of my undergarments, shoes, accessories etc to go with each outfit. It's crazy!!:eek: But, I don't really overpack since everything is planned out. My problem is that I am usually so antsy to get on with the cruise already that I start packing up to two weeks ahead of time.

I don't think I could ever pack the day before or not have my lists although it might be pretty entertaining (for ???) to go around for a week in a different bra/panty and no actual clothes! ;)

Someone I can relate to!!!! That's too funny - we're kindred spirits!! I know exactly what you are talking about!

I have a friend, God Bless her, but she is the CrAzY one - she can somehow pack (although the success of it is yet to be determined!!) for her family of four (herself, hubby and two kids) with NO lists!! I think that is just suicide for a vacation!!! I tried this method ONCE (just to a family members cabin) and I failed miserably! I didn't have pajamas, my one daughter didn't have a swimsuit, my son had to go without a change of shorts...another trip when it was only me going...I forgot a hairbrush and my toothbrush!!! Those last minute things that you use before going out the door...if they are not on the list, they will be forgotten!!!

Some people work well under pressure, I think my mind is too much on getting to vacation, I must not be able to be focused!!!

I have had my packing list for this upcoming trip started since AUG!! Thanks to everyone on CC, I have added a whole bunch of stuff :rolleyes: Packing for this trip is going to be a challenge - since the kids aren't going to be let in on this secret til we leave - I have to pack in secret! That'll be interesting - pack, put suitcases away, sneak more stuff out of their room, pull suitcases out again...Thank God for the lists!!!!

Archived