NCL changed Latitude rewards without any notice!!!

Maxsboubie

I think the new Latitudes program is an improvement because it adjusts benefits available to the most frequent guests. Face it, it's always been pretty easy to achieve platinum status. NCL took very few rewards away when they reworked the program and introduced new benefits to reward their most frequent guests. And, like most, we did receive a heads-up that the program was changing. And despite the constant threat of NCL boycotts over every little change on CC, I haven't noticed a decrease in passenger numbers or a shortage of return guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it boils down to: some people think the name CruiseCritic means use the board to crit:confused:icize.

So do you think the Chinese are coming to fill the ships their on current itineraries or is NCL willing to move their entire fleet to China?
Both, it looks like. Building two new ships for China is one thing, but after all, Chinese tourists want to visit other parts of the world, too. I remember there were some negative reports on here about one Epic cruise where half the ship was a partial charter of Chinese passengers. I think we'll see more and more of that in the near future.

I'm bummed about the "enhancements," too. We were 4 points away from silver status. Now, we're 16 points away. I was so excited to jump up a level on our next cruise, now it seems too far away to care. I know I could book an insider offer 9 months in advance, but I'm feeling like there's less of an incentive to stay with NCL. After I found this out, I did apply for MSC's loyalty match. So, it won't be like starting over to switch lines. I just wish MSC had more US itineraries.

I was looking at the NCL website, and it looks to me as though they are not giving the extra point per day for booking early. Hopefully, someone can prove me wrong.

I was looking at the NCL website, and it looks to me as though they are not giving the extra point per day for booking early. Hopefully, someone can prove me wrong.

Correct. They aren't giving the extra point for booking 9 months early now, except on bookings made before the new rules started on 3rd Feb (I think that date is right).

I just at Le bistro with the udp and was able to order 1 app, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree and 1 dessert. More than enough food

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The dining package doesn't have the same restrictions that the latitudes meal has, so your experience doesn't necessarily reflect what people using the latitudes voucher would get.

I usually order the same in Le Bistro using the latitudes meal and usually have had to pay for the soup since they restricted it in late 2015.

The dining package doesn't have the same restrictions that the latitudes meal has, so your experience doesn't necessarily reflect what people using the latitudes voucher would get.

I usually order the same in Le Bistro using the latitudes meal and usually have had to pay for the soup since they restricted it in late 2015.

Ahh. Thank you for clarifying. I just moved up to platinum, so I have yet to experience any free meals. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums