PoAM - Overnight in ports - how early can you get off?

ndamro

We're on the 12/17 sailing and we have 2 overnights, one in Maui and one in Kauai.

On NCL's website, they just indicate that it's overnight and have no time listed for arriving in port on the second day.

In the confirmation email I received with my passenger tickets, the itenerary shows that on the second day in Maui, arrival at port is 8am. Kauai hasn't changed, just indicates departing at 2pm on second day.

We had booked an early am snorkel excursion to Molokini Crater & Turtle town through Maui Dive Shop for our second day based on the website itenerary thinking we could get off the ship at 5:30-6am without a problem. Now I'm wondering if we should cancel and get a refund?

I tried calling NCL but didn't get much help. I spoke with a Lady at the "Hawaii Desk" and she said that the itinerary says 8am so it must be 8am and the ship might leave port overnight to do some manoevers :confused: So I asked about the NCL excursions that leave at 3:15AM, 3:30AM (sunrise excursions), 7AM, etc and she said she was not aware of excursions that left before 8 :confused:

Can anyone who has been on the PoAM let me know what time they were able to get off the ship on the second day? Did your itinerary say otherwise?

Can I assume that if there is an excursion at 3AM that we would be able to get off the ship at 5:30AM? Do we have to get off at 3 and sleep for a couple of hours in our rental car? ;)

I was on the Pride of America for the October 1st sailing... Now unless they left port at the wee hours while I was asleep, they did not leave the port/dock of Maui... I'm asking the friends I was with too as once I'm asleep, I know nothing...lol.......But as of late hours, we were still docked.. As far as Kauai, it's misleading... It is overnight there but the ship leaves at 6 a.m. for the Napali Coastline scenic cruise... So you don't get any day time in Kauai on the 2nd day....

As far as Kauai, it's misleading... It is overnight there but the ship leaves at 6 a.m. for the Napali Coastline scenic cruise... So you don't get any day time in Kauai on the 2nd day....

Actually our sailing is different for Kauai - NCL even offers excursions that can be back by 2pm on the second day :)

Can anyone who has been on the PoAM let me know what time they were able to get off the ship on the second day? Did your itinerary say otherwise?

I would also like to know the other side of this.... How late can you get back on the ship when it will be in port over night? Any limits? Or can you come back anytime?

We have our own plans made for the first day in Maui, and I just want to make sure we won't have any issues getting on if we're later than planned for some reason.

Hmmm I really hope the ship stays docked in Kauai. If not I just paid for a second rental car day I wont be able to use. My intention was to park the car overnigth in kauai, do something early morning and be back on the boat by 1.

My guess would be that the Napali coast cruise is done when they leave the port at 2PM. I remember reading some other posts talking about 6PM dinner reservations where they were able to enjoy the sights of the Napali coast while they ate.

On the 1/7/2006 POAm sailing, it looks like we now leave Kauai at 6 am on the second day.

The original iterary from NCL via my TA gave a 2 pm departure as did the website, but the NCL website now shows a 6 am departure. And the Excursions that were published just last week give nothing for a second day in Kauai.

This cruise was originally listed stating "more time at sea". So I guess this is the more time at sea.

When staying overnight, you can get off the ship as early as you want. You can also return as late as you want. Our cruise (11/5) left Kauai at 2pm, originally was scheduled to leave at 6pm. Honestly, I'm glad it left at 2. The only benefit of leaving at 6am on Kauai is maybe they'll spend more time at the Napali coast? But, to answer the OP question, you can come and go...the ship does NOT leave to do manuevers. That's funny!

When staying overnight, you can get off the ship as early as you want. You can also return as late as you want. Our cruise (11/5) left Kauai at 2pm, originally was scheduled to leave at 6pm. Honestly, I'm glad it left at 2. The only benefit of leaving at 6am on Kauai is maybe they'll spend more time at the Napali coast? But, to answer the OP question, you can come and go...the ship does NOT leave to do manuevers. That's funny!

I was wondering if they had secretly signed up the PoAM into the Navy ;) I mean maneuvers? What the heck can you do in the middle of the night? I was thinking that there might be some rule about staying docked overnight and that they might have to go back out to sea and anchor and then come back in the morning - that would make more sense than manuevers ;)

When staying overnight, you can get off the ship as early as you want. You can also return as late as you want. ...the ship does NOT leave to do manuevers. That's funny!

Good! Because while the limo we will have rented all day on Maui looks pretty impressive, I don't think it will be able to pull a James Bond and set out to sea and chase the ship. :p (Although,

When staying overnight, you can get off the ship as early as you want. You can also return as late as you want. ...the ship does NOT leave to do manuevers. That's funny!

Good! Because while the limo we will have rented all day on Maui looks pretty impressive, I don't think it will be able to pull a James Bond and set out to sea and chase the ship. :p (Although, the limo will cost almost as much as both of our airfares, or the stateroom for one of us. I think it should be able to set out to sea for a couple hours! ;) )

Archived