Current price less than I paid, is a credit coming?

gospelle

I booked a cruise on the Serenade about a month ago. we paid $1900ish each. Now the same category is advertised at $1700ish each.

Can I get the difference credited to my onboard account?? I can't cancel and re-book as the Cruise is now only a month and a half away and there is a penalty which would make that impractical.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can I get a credit? Who do I call? (I booked directly through RCCL's website).

Thanks,

I'm glad it worked out for you!

My price has gone down, but I booked through a shady TA online, and he's taking his sweet time to credit the money. :rolleyes:

But I called RCI and they say he HAS to refund the money.....we'll see how it goes. I plan to pester my TA daily until I see my refund. :)

These credits are one more reason to book with RCL. Princess would tell you that you are SOL. Once they have final payment there is no adjustment.

The TA problem is aslo a good reason to book direct. They are very good in direct communications.

I am on the week before you...my price has gone down THREE times now. Every time I have received a credit to my credit card and a 3 catagory upgrade. Keep watching...you never know if it might happen again.

Oooops....I just re-read this. We only got the upgrade once. Sorry

How do you keep watching? Do you go to RCI's website and act as if you're going to book a cruise to see the price? Is there some place else that you are able to have easier access to this? Just curious. Trying to learn all the tricks of the trade. Thanks!

Chris

I didn't know and just found out...

If the price goes down on your cruise and it's listed as cheaper on the RCI website, they will honor the cheaper price (as many times as it goes down) and if not fully paid for, a discounted price. If fully paid for, then a credit.

However, if the price goes down on say... Expedia or Continental or ICruise, etc., they will not honor it. I purchased my cruise direct through RCI and they will only honor the cheaper price as listed on their website. No problem with me, as long as I get some discounts. It would be nicer if they matched all other competitors too though.. :) C'est la vie... :)

So why is it possible for other online agencies to offer a stateroom for less than RCCL does? Isn't the base price supposed to be the same (and others only able to discount using incentives besides price)?

FYI--when checking prices on other online agencies, be sure to put in what state you're from. Occasionally they'll drop the price considerably for residents of certain states, but it doesn't show up in the regular price list. You have to check a box asking for residence located just under the number of people cruising.

We purchased with an online agency a year ago and yestersday I noticed a price reduction on the RCCL website. When I notified the online agency, they did honor the reduction of $140 BUT they took away my $100 Mastercard gift card that came with the original booking so that my net savings was only $40. Kinda urked me until I realized the Mastercard gift was based on the original price of the cruise and no longer qualified at the reduced cruise price. I am still $40 ahead!!

Archived