RCCL Hollywood Margaritaville post cruise excursion

eobrien01

I figured I'd post some info because I couldn't find any info before we did it. We had a late flight out after our cruise and decided to do an excursion. We paid $79 per adult. The bus was very late picking us up (we were the second pickup at Allure), they said because at another terminal the people had to drag their stuff a long way. Then we made one more stop to pick up more people. Then the bus took us to the water taxi stand where we boarded the water taxi. You can do this on your own without the tour for $26. It was about a 45 minute ride on the water taxi which was nice and the captain did some good narrating about the area and the port and saw a manatee in the water. Then they dropped us at Margaritaville at about 11am. I mistakenly thought we'd be able to use the pool. You get no special access to Margaritaville.

We had lunch at Margaritaville and then just walked the boardwalk and swam in the ocean before we had to be back at the bus at Margaritaville at 120pm. You need to bring your own towel if you plan to swim. They had towels on sale at the Wings store next to the Margaritaville for $4. Would be nice if RCCL lent some towels for the tour and then the tour person collected them and brought them back.

The area was very nice and was enjoyable to walk the boardwalk and swim. They had chairs for rent on the beach and beach was very nice and not too crowded. It was good to leave most of our stuff on the bus and not have to worry about it, but I wish we had more time to spend there.

The woman who ran the tour was a bit eccentric, she seemed knowledgeable, but the delivery was different. We arrived at the FLL airport at around 2pm and then they were taking the rest of the people to Miami airport.

Totally agree on the ripoff part. I thought we'd have access to a lot more too. I didn't think the tour was worth it. My husband was fine with it, but I felt it was too expensive for what you got.

Totally agree on the ripoff part. I thought we'd have access to a lot more too. I didn't think the tour was worth it. My husband was fine with it, but I felt it was too expensive for what you got.

The tour operators used the trademarked name "Margarittaville" to imply you would have full access to their facilities which is a scam in my book. Once Margaritaville Corporate finds out (and they will since a friend is middle management there) I'm sure they will issue a cease and desist to stop using their name.

I figured I'd post some info because I couldn't find any info before we did it. We had a late flight out after our cruise and decided to do an excursion. We paid $79 per adult. The bus was very late picking us up (we were the second pickup at Allure), they said because at another terminal the people had to drag their stuff a long way. Then we made one more stop to pick up more people. Then the bus took us to the water taxi stand where we boarded the water taxi. You can do this on your own without the tour for $26. It was about a 45 minute ride on the water taxi which was nice and the captain did some good narrating about the area and the port and saw a manatee in the water. Then they dropped us at Margaritaville at about 11am. I mistakenly thought we'd be able to use the pool. You get no special access to Margaritaville.

We had lunch at Margaritaville and then just walked the boardwalk and swam in the ocean before we had to be back at the bus at Margaritaville at 120pm. You need to bring your own towel if you plan to swim. They had towels on sale at the Wings store next to the Margaritaville for $4. Would be nice if RCCL lent some towels for the tour and then the tour person collected them and brought them back.

The area was very nice and was enjoyable to walk the boardwalk and swim. They had chairs for rent on the beach and beach was very nice and not too crowded. It was good to leave most of our stuff on the bus and not have to worry about it, but I wish we had more time to spend there.

The woman who ran the tour was a bit eccentric, she seemed knowledgeable, but the delivery was different. We arrived at the FLL airport at around 2pm and then they were taking the rest of the people to Miami airport.

Was lunch included in the $79 or did you pay on your own?

So you paid $158 for a transfer to FLL. WOW. They really should include a burger for that.

We did get a water taxi ride also, but still not worth it in my opinion.

We had originally signed up for the Wildlife rescue and botanical gardens excursion, but it was canceled the night before because of lack of participation and the Everglades one was full, so that's how we ended up on this one.