Alcohol delivery thru Gifts and Gear

I must have been cruising too much lately and not paying attention. I stumbled upon vodka, gin, rum and scotch being able to be purchased along with mixers on Royals website for stateroom delivery. When did this start? Also I'm wondering why it's not available for delivery on all their ships.

I must have been cruising too much lately and not paying attention. I stumbled upon vodka, gin, rum and scotch being able to be purchased along with mixers on Royals website for stateroom delivery. When did this start? Also I'm wondering why it's not available for delivery on all their ships.

It's been going for a while although they have changed the Web site recently.

Not sure if you can drink onboard or get it when you get off.

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

Started a couple of months ago, and you can drink on board.

It's been going for a while although they have changed the Web site recently.

Not sure if you can drink onboard or get it when you get off.

Thanks, I see Texas appears to be the exception as the only state that delivery occurs after the cruise ends. Now that's odd, and I though we had odd liquor laws in PA.

Years ago we used to purchase liquor onboard and bring back to our cabin after paying something like $9 for that privilege.

Started a couple of months ago, and you can drink on board.

Thanks Bob. I knew you would know. I got the room decorated for DW on Jewel 2 years ago and we got a bottle of cheap plonk. We done the same for sister in law on Indy this year and the Web site has been totally overhauled. Weddings look to be the new way forward

Thanks, I see Texas appears to be the exception as the only state that delivery occurs after the cruise ends. Now that's odd, and I though we had odd liquor laws in PA.

Years ago we used to purchase liquor onboard and bring back to our cabin after paying something like $9 for that privilege.

Actually, I think out of Texas, the liquor is delivered to your stateroom after embarkment.. where the other cruises it will be in your stateroom when you arrive. It am pretty sure it has to do with the Texas liquor tax laws.

Actually, I think out of Texas, the liquor is delivered to your stateroom after embarkment.. where the other cruises it will be in your stateroom when you arrive. It am pretty sure it has to do with the Texas liquor tax laws.

Yeah, maybe they're conflating liquor purchased in the duty free shop or on shore with liquor pre-purchased for onboard consumption. It wouldn't make much sense to buy an overpriced bottle and mixers to be handed to you as you debark.

Yeah, maybe they're conflating liquor purchased in the duty free shop or on shore with liquor pre-purchased for onboard consumption. It wouldn't make much sense to buy an overpriced bottle and mixers to be handed to you as you debark.

LOL, that's what I thought, but misread the line where delivery occurs after sailing. I had to refer to my liquor cabinet here at home to compare sizes. (Did I mention I'm from PA; I'm lousy with metrics.) That 375 ml bottle is small! In the good old days, we purchased a liter bottle for the cabin with that $9 privilege charge. Anyway, I'm glad they brought this service back.