Excursion for 6 yo girl - Paradise, Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia, or ???

ShelBell12

Hi! We are looking for an excursion for our day in Cozumel. We have a 6 yo daughter who loves to swim (especially in pools). My DH and I will probably have a beverage or two but not lots so an AI may not be worth it. Leaning toward Paradise Beach.

If we do Paradise, do we need to book ahead of time? Is here an age limit of the inflatables? Wondering if my daughter can go on the slides, trampolines, etc. Do they have life jackets to borrow?

Would love to hear others' thoughts. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Paradise Beach is a good option. I do think there is a weight limit for some of the inflatables. They do have lifejackets. No need for advanced reservations.

Check their website: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

If you think the facilities might not be appropriate for you child given their age, weight, height, or swimming experience, Playa Mia does have a fuller set of younger children options, like small pools and play areas with water toys more suitable for the younger ages.

You cannot book PB in advance -- just grab a taxi, show up, pay up ($3 per adult admission; not sure about your 6 year old?) and enjoy.

The water toys at PB are in water that is about 5 or so feet deep -- deep enough so that when the youngsters (and the young at heart) dive off they will not hurt them selves by hitting the bottom. Might be a bit too deep for your 6-year old unless a parent is with her. I've seen others wearing life vests there but am not sure about where they came from.

Good luck!

Thank you @crewsweeper and @JohninDC! Very helpful!! I think she will be thrilled with the pool and beach and if she decides to do the inflatables (if she is able to), we can always purchase a pass while there. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums