Ireland to Iceland: sea conditions in May??

My husband and I very much wish to book the Celebrity cruise that goes from Dublin to Iceland and back, leaving on April 30th 2018. My husband battles seasickness and we are worried about rough seas that time of year. Anyone who has cruised those seas during April or May, please tell us your experiences.

We were there in June and were told to expect rough seas and the ended up being as calm as can be. Depends on if there is a storm or not and no one can predict that. Best to come prepared with Sea Bands and whatever other remedies he might need if the seas are bad and hope you don't have to use them

We were there in June and were told to expect rough seas and the ended up being as calm as can be. Depends on if there is a storm or not and no one can predict that. Best to come prepared with Sea Bands and whatever other remedies he might need if the seas are bad and hope you don't have to use them

Agree that it is totally unpredictable. We did the trip in July/August and the weather was changeable as would be expected in this part of the world.

Just make sure you book a cabin near the centre of the ship and not too high - not worth going for a guarantee and taking a chance if seasickness is that much of an issue - you could end up at the front where you can feel movement a lot of the time. Also make sure you take remedies with you and use them as stated (stugeron is one well known brand).

I will risk it on some cruises, but not others. Seas should be calming a bit at that time and not be as bad as the autumn for instance - but as seasoned sailors will say, "not necessarily so". :)

Just make sure you book a cabin near the centre of the ship and not too high - not worth going for a guarantee and taking a chance if seasickness is that much of an issue - you could end up at the front where you can feel movement a lot of the time. Also make sure you take remedies with you and use them as stated (stugeron is one well known brand).

I will risk it on some cruises, but not others. Seas should be calming a bit at that time and not be as bad as the autumn for instance - but as seasoned sailors will say, "not necessarily so". :)

Thank you for your suggestions. We are booked on deck 7 midship. My husband has found that Bonine and the wrist pressure do help him. As it gets closer we are also going to be doing a lot of praying.😁

Thank you for your suggestions. He will definitely have a big supply of Bonine need on hand.