Hello from Voyager of the Seas

Hi Leigh

I think that's a good way to put it--not much difference, some parts are better on each. For us, Royal was Ok but we won't rush to use them again, unless they have a great itinerary. Maybe it was just our cruise, but I got tired of staff turning their backs on us at Park cafe and some bars. It seemed rude to me, but maybe not. Cabin steward was fine (I would never do what they do but he was sometimes verrrry sloooow to clean our cabin out in the morning). To be honest, all we needed was new towels, but he did the full service. Just seemed very late once or twice. We both agreed they were the worst of the lines we have sailed, but not horrible, just different.

I am still having feelings of being onboard, even after 10 days off the ship. Balance is just starting to come back now, I hate that part of cruising. At least I have adjusted to the time change back home and the altitude, but I am always sleepy :D My solution has been to get back into golf--took a lesson, practiced at the range and in the backyard, and 2 tournaments next week. All is well! Although, I do miss other people cooking and cleaning ;)

And the cruises have inspired us to take an extra camping trip this summer (all that outdoor hiking, snorkeling and fresh clean air!), so that is something else to look forward to. Won't be the same as the GBR, or Hunter Valley wineries, or anywhere in NZ, but still fun.

Hope you recover quickly and book your next trip soon,

ML

Thanks ML,

Fortunately I recovered very quickly from the sea sickness and I didn't have the feeling of still being on board at all after this cruise. It may have helped that I continued to take the sea sickness preventative tablet until the day after we reached home.

We are starting to look at cruises for next year. I retire at the end of this year so won't be restricted to school holidays to cruise which will be a bonus.

Good luck with your golf tournaments! By the way the Swans are winning early in their game against GWS (Greater Western Sydney) at the SCG.

Leigh

Thanks ML,

Fortunately I recovered very quickly from the sea sickness and I didn't have the feeling of still being on board at all after this cruise. It may have helped that I continued to take the sea sickness preventative tablet until the day after we reached home.

We are starting to look at cruises for next year. I retire at the end of this year so won't be restricted to school holidays to cruise which will be a bonus.

Good luck with your golf tournaments! By the way the Swans are winning early in their game against GWS (Greater Western Sydney) at the SCG.

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Glad you are feeling Ok. And nearing retirement--woo hoo! I love being retired, hoping DH joins me very soon. I keep booking vacations hoping that at some point, even with unlimited vacation, his work will say "enough" and tell him to go :D

I bolded the part about the Swans. When we left they were winless, so fingers crossed they hang on. We will always be Swans fans now, very close to our hearts. Go red and white!

Thanks for the news

ML

I bolded the part about the Swans. When we left they were winless, so fingers crossed they hang on. We will always be Swans fans now, very close to our hearts. Go red and white!

Thanks for the news

ML

Sorry ML, I spoke too early, the Swans ended up losing by 42 points. The final score was GWS 15.15.105 defeated Swans 9.9.63. Even though the Swans are not my team, I can understand how you feel.

Tuesday my son and I will be heading to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for the annual ANZAC Day game where my team Essendon will be playing Collingwood. We are taking my Collingwood supporting brother and sister who are visiting from interstate for the game. Should be interesting!

Leigh