Any change to pros/cons of booking through travel agent?

I would like to be able to directly interact with RCI about my cruise experience if anything were to occur. Does booking through a TA prevent that?

If the price of cruise drops between now and my sailing on Allure do I have same options as I would if booked directly?

I THINK it looks like I can get same cabin (or equivalent boardwalk balcony) for less through TA (even a big search engine site). I'm open to hearing opinions. I reviewed old threads already, but couldn't find any in last year.

You would be able to interact directly with Royal for certain things, like excursions, speciaty dining, spa treatments, beverage packages, etc. You would have to use the travel agent for cancelling, making payments, changing staterooms, changing names, etc.

I used to book directly with Royal to have control of the reservation but then we started to cruise with friends who used a big online travel agent and I saw all the extras they were getting. Now I'm using the online travel agent. The least we have ever gotten from the agent is $250.00 OBC and on one cruise we got over $800.00. The latter was a 13 day Land/Cruise tour to Alaska. If hadn't been for some unexpected on board medical costs we would of had OBC left over at the end. BTW we had cruise insurance that covered the medical so we did come out ahead on that one.

I... If the price of cruise drops between now and my sailing on Allure do I have same options as I would if booked directly?... .

This depends on the travel agent and you should confirm the travel agent's policies before you book with them. They could have change fees, cancel fees, and also reduce perks when your price goes down.

This depends on the travel agent and you should confirm the travel agent's policies before you book with them. They could have change fees, cancel fees, and also reduce perks when your price goes down.

I do both, depending upon who has the best price. If all things are equal I prefer to book directly with Royal because you can always get an agent on the phone to request price decrease (if price goes down). With a travel agent you have to wait for them to be in the office to call Royal to get the price decrease. But my last two cruises I have booked with my online travel agent as the price has been much lower ($400 for same category cabin). If it's just a few bucks lower I book directly with Royal but lately that just has not been the case.