Question about CAT IS (Inside GTY)

dei6360

Hey I had a question about booking a IS (inside GTY). I know this means I can have any inside cabin but does that include the cabins that are bunk beds only? We are looking at the Miracle and see where there is a Cat. 1A which is single top and bottom beds only and are worried that we might get one of these.

Hey I had a question about booking a IS (inside GTY). I know this means I can have any inside cabin but does that include the cabins that are bunk beds only? We are looking at the Miracle and see where there is a Cat. 1A which is single top and bottom beds only and are worried that we might get one of these.

IS Guar means you are guaranteed at least cat 4A on your cruise, with the possibility of being upgraded.

So, do not worry, you won't have bunk beds.

Check the prices of your cruise often, when the price drops call Carnival they will probably upgrade you for free! Tell them you noticed the price went down on your cruise and ask them if they can do anything for you. Normally they will upgrade you or give you on board credit!(If you booked with Carnival directly)

You would get a cat 4A or better with an IS guarantee.

On the Spirit class ships only, Miracle is spirit class, cat 1A's are not bunk beds they are two twins that convert to king size.

Save yourself some money if you can and book the 1A.

We were booked as an IS guarantee on our last cruise on the Glory in January. We had thought that the TA quoted a 4A guarantee but when we received our confirmation it said an IS guarantee. We were concerned that we might end up in a 1A but the TA said not to worry. We called Carnival and they said that there was a remote chance that we could end up in a 1A but we booked early, almost a year, and would hopefully be upgraded. The price for a 4A guarantee is usually higher then an IS guarantee. If not for the chance of receiving the lowest inside category, IS guarantee, why do you think there is a price difference?

I booked a 4A guarantee for my upcoming Spirit cruise and when I checked the book modify on Carnivals website I was in a 7A obstructed balcony. We had 3 rooms booked this way and all were upgraded. Hoping the upgrade fairy doesn't change her mind. Also, the cabins are all in the same area. We are all one cabin away from each other which is nice since my DD is travelling with us in her own cabin with her BF. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Candi

Archived