Norwegian's South American Pre- and Post-Cruise Tours vs. on your own or thru Avanti

doxielover47

We are booked for a January 2018 sailing on Norwegian's South American cruise around Cape Horn. We start in Buenos Aires and end in Santiago. I'd like to hear about experiences and costs for the pre-cruise tour package that includes going to Iguazu Falls and also tours Buenos Aires and the post-cruise tour once we disembark in Santiago. There isn't anything posted on Norwegian's site for such tours yet, so I'd like to hear from folks that may have done this recently. Many thanks!

We did a post excursion in Santiago that was 8 hours and brought you to the airport. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We stopped at a winery for wine tasting and empenadas. We did some sightseeing and then stopped somewhere for lunch and they had a show for us with different types of dancing. The lunch included wine. We did a little more sightseeing on the way to the airport. When we got to the airport, I was sure we would never be able to find our luggage, but there were reps outside the airport from NCL and each persons luggage was on a cart. It was so easy and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour.