RCI Oasis of the Seas Deluxe Beverage 2017 HELP

Help if you can! I will be sailing on Oasis in a couple of weeks and have called Royal Carribean multiple times to no avail regarding possible additional charges for the Deluxe Beverage Package? The new oasis class ship "harmony of the seas" has a drink package which reflects three levels...Classic $9.95 ...Premium $13.00...Signature $15.00

Since the Deluxe Beverage is $55 per day + 18% I called since the online info says $12.00 and under. 5 Different Answers:( to date!

Does anyone REALLY KNOW if I have to pay $13 for Premium or just the extra dollar? Someone said they credit $12 but will I be paying 18% gratuity again for each drink on the full $13 or $15? I love my Grey Goose Martinis and need HELP PLEASE with guidance on this cruise...BTW...I'm Emerald on RCI...just getting frustrated at their service right now:(

Edited by TulaTula2

You would only pay the difference between the beverage package limit and your drink cost, plus 18%.

Thank you! I spoke to Crown and Anchor 3 times today with my questions. Agents were Very Nice...but one said I must pay the full $13....2nd said only the amount over...3rd said not to buy the package if I like Grey Goose because it would be too expensive...if it's just $1-$3 I'm fine but to invest almost $1000 to be upcharged is a little over the top! Thanks again:)

Thank you! I spoke to Crown and Anchor 3 times today with my questions. Agents were Very Nice...but one said I must pay the full $13....2nd said only the amount over...3rd said not to buy the package if I like Grey Goose because it would be too expensive...if it's just $1-$3 I'm fine but to invest almost $1000 to be upcharged is a little over the top! Thanks again:)

Also, you may find the limit is $13 on Oasis.

Crown and Anchor Rep stated specifically today that Grey Goose was considered Ultra Premium and that I would have to request my Cosmo with vodka in the Classic category such as Stoli...she also said things like Patron and Crown Royal were also Ultra Premium! I was VERY surprised...not a fan of the cheaper quality...I prefer QUALITY not QUANTITY:)

I'm not going to subject you to the blind taste test, TulaTula, because it could get embarrassing. On another note, I'd really like TO SEE the WRITTEN LIST of these so-called "levels" and we have heard a lot of TALK about how this or that is and is not "on the list." So exactly WHO has a copy amongst all these thousands and thousands of posts?????

I found this its updated news

The biggest changes to beverage packages are with the alcoholic packages. Royal Caribbean has reduced the three options that previously existed (Select, Premium, and Ultimate) down to one option. The new Deluxe Beverage Package is essentially the fomer Ultimate Beverage Package.

This new package includes all beer, wine, and mixed drinks up to a set price. That price is usually around $12 to $13 depending on the ship. This will cover most cocktails, except a few selections at specialty restaurants and bars like the Champagne Bar. Wine selection is still hit or miss. Not being big wine aficionados, we make due, but serious wine drinkers might find themselves paying a few bucks more for glasses of wine outside of the set dollar limit.

We always get the Washington apple at the rising tide bar, I looked at the menu of it and have a couple of questions:

There is no Washington apple on the menu, will we be able to order these drinks?

Are we limited to the drinks that are only on the menu?

• 1 month later...

FYI...the only drinks that carried the up charge were the specialty drinks in the Champagne Bar $15 Tiramisu Martini made with marscapone :) Though the drinks WERE menu priced above the allowable price; we did not experience additional charges even when requesting Grey Goose in all our martinis. My new favorite drink was the New Fashioned in the Schooner Bar...fresh berries & Grapefruit muddles with brown sugar and Southern Comfort!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app