Drinks package prices on Royal Caribbean for Alaska cruise

Doing a cruise on Explorer of the seas in June this year as part of a package deal holiday. Cruise sector is 7 nights on the above. Does anyone have an up to date price for drinks packages. Have looked at RCA site with no luck. Thanks:D

Thanks mic. I knew I could count on you:loudcry:;p

Check out on your cruise planner/personaliser what the rate is for Alaskan cruises, it may be charged at their normal conversion rate ($0.77) or if it is on special, buy it up now.

Check out on your cruise planner/personaliser what the rate is for Alaskan cruises, it may be charged at their normal conversion rate ($0.77) or if it is on special, buy it up now.

Thanks for the tip mic, we haven't got our tickets yet from the TA so can't access planner. It's part of a package deal so I don't know how it will go.

I am a bit surprised at the prices P&O Australia are charging. We are on the new Explorer (Dawn Princess)in August with the free drinks package. Not so free when you look at the overall prices.

Cheers and happy cruising

Thanks for the tip mic, we haven't got our tickets yet from the TA so can't access planner. It's part of a package deal so I don't know how it will go.

I am a bit surprised at the prices P&O Australia are charging. We are on the new Explorer (Dawn Princess)in August with the free drinks package. Not so free when you look at the overall prices.

Yeah, depending on how much you drink, getting a package can be worth it or not. When it is included everybody is paying for the few who will actually get close to covering costs while the cruise line will make money off everyone else.

I have just paid $68AUD per day online for the Royal Caribbean drinks package which you cannot access until you have paid your finals. Sound a bit pricey but the drinks on RC in $USD are quite expensive. Don't forget the package also covers specialty coffees,fresh juice and bottled water. I also had the free drinks deal on P&O (not really free as you say) and seemed to notice that I received slightly slower service than those who were paying. (or was that my imagination)

I have just paid $68AUD per day online for the Royal Caribbean drinks package which you cannot access until you have paid your finals. Sound a bit pricey but the drinks on RC in $USD are quite expensive. Don't forget the package also covers specialty coffees,fresh juice and bottled water. I also had the free drinks deal on P&O (not really free as you say) and seemed to notice that I received slightly slower service than those who were paying. (or was that my imagination)
The price of $68 is a good one, I know it is sometimes cheaper but compared to $65 USD once onboard, it is a saving of around $30 AUD a day.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a related question so hopefully someone can help. I have just booked on the Singapore to Sydney cruise on Ovation in November. (My wife and I are Crown & Anchor members) If I pre-purchase the drinks package its AUD66 pp per day (costs more if you purchase on board), BUT it doesn't include drinks over US$12. I am up to the 8th email in an exchange with RC trying to establish how much a Long Island Iced Tea is (my preferred cocktail), as, if it's over $12 it's not worth buying the package. They don't seem able (or willing) to tell me, so if anyone knows how much RC currently charge for a Long Island Iced Tea I would appreciate it :-)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
The price of $68 is a good one, I know it is sometimes cheaper but compared to $65 USD once onboard, it is a saving of around $30 AUD a day.

Just booked on line for all inclusive drinks plus internet package $70.50 pp PD for both. Drinks alone were$72.50 pp PD. Oh and then there was 15%grats on top for the drinks. $560 For 7 nights, too late all done:rolleyes:

It was $69 AUD for the ultimate Drink package if pre- purchased or $65 USD if bought on board last December.

I have just returned from Voyager of the Seas to Singapore. These package prices quoted are still correct. Definitely worthwhile pre purchasing on line in $AUD. Drinks were very expensive when paid in $USD on board Voyager.