Just read the documents closely.........

Now that the next cruise is under 6 weeks ago, I have just read through the myriad documents we've received and a couple of points caught my eye:

Bar gratuities

I've been used to the 18% gratuities on drinks at the bar - doesn't really affect us, as we've bought the package. However, somewhere in the documents, it mentions an automatic gratuity of 15% being added.

Embarkation.

We're Emerald C & A members (rise to Diamond on day 2 of the upcoming cruise). Previously,RCL have had a priority check.in Desk for C & A members, and we could check in and board any time from 11am. This time the documents specifically lists Diamond and above as being able to board from 11am.

Are these changes? If we pitch up at the quay at11.15, will we have to wait for the boarding time for our deck (or shall we just play dumb and go to the priority line anyway?)

The boarding times aren't really followed. You should be able to join the C&A line whenever you arrive.

Sounds to me like the documents are not updated with the current gratuity amount. I just disembarked Anthem and only saw the 18%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sailing from Southampton? I thought gratuities were automatically included in drink prices meaning drink prices were higher on these cruises in previous years. Perhaps they have changed things this year.

Julie

Thanks folks for prompt replies! Bob, as I mentioned I'd been used to the 18% gratuities, for several cruises now - I just wondered if they'd reduced the charge (ha!).

Julie, yes out of Southampton on May 15th. We already have the deluxe drinks package prebooked, so the gratuities don't really enter into our thinking. I was just curious.

Breeze 123- thats what we thought. We're staying in Southampton the night before and didn't really fancy kicking about for hours - I wanna be.on that big beautiful ship!

Thanks folks for prompt replies! Bob, as I mentioned I'd been used to the 18% gratuities, for several cruises now - I just wondered if they'd reduced the charge (ha!).

Julie, yes out of Southampton on May 15th. We already have the deluxe drinks package prebooked, so the gratuities don't really enter into our thinking. I was just curious.

Breeze 123- thats what we thought. We're staying in Southampton the night before and didn't really fancy kicking about for hours - I wanna be.on that big beautiful ship!

Up for a fight?

The copy of the contract they sent you says the drink gratuity is 15%? I know it is not much money and would cost you more to fight...but if you are a retired attorney it could be "fun".

On a related note...I have often wondered why companies get specific on these types of things rather than wording the contract to say something like "the gratuity rate announced by the company and effective on the date of sailing".