Docking in Freeport and utilizing mobility scooters

alliebrandy

DH and I will be utilizing mobility scooters during our Caribbean cruise and we will be docking for the day in Freeport, Bahamas and are trying to decide what there is to do in the cruise port area or the nearby area to see. Would it be doable to ride the scooters anywhere, i.e. Port Lucaya Marketplace or do we need to take a taxi? Also, are there any taxis / vans that can accommodate scooters?

I can answer some of your questions.

The area where the ship docks is much better developed than it was just a few years ago. Two nice bars/restaurants, i.e. Senor Frog's, many food kiosks, several small shops and vendors, and a gazebo with live music are available. All of that area is easily scooter friendly as is the dock itself. For your other questions, I do not know.

I can answer some of your questions.

The area where the ship docks is much better developed than it was just a few years ago. Two nice bars/restaurants, i.e. Senor Frog's, many food kiosks, several small shops and vendors, and a gazebo with live music are available. All of that area is easily scooter friendly as is the dock itself. For your other questions, I do not know.

Thank you for your response. This does help in deciding if we actually need to venture out any further. Have a great day!