May 2107 Hawaii-to-Vancouver - no night time Volcano Viewing from the ship?

We did this cruise a few years ago probably the best on-board feature was seeing at night the Kilauea volcano where the lava plunges into the water or comes up in spouts from underneath. It was breathtaking. The ship maneuvered in very close and held position in a slow rotation for an hour or more. The ship's height made a fabulous viewing angle.

We're returning to Hawaii to get married and of course the 40 or so people who are coming to wish us well have seen the videos and pictures and heard us gush on about the event.

I just looked at the actual itinerary map and it looks like we will travel at night around the North side of the Big Island instead of the South. Admittedly the shorter route but not by much.

Any idea how we might influence RCL to make the pass by the volcano? It's stunning!

Edit - ok we're going in 2017, the 2107 RCL calendar isn't available yet. If someone knows how to fix the title let me know.

We did this cruise a few years ago probably the best on-board feature was seeing at night the Kilauea volcano where the lava plunges into the water or comes up in spouts from underneath. It was breathtaking. The ship maneuvered in very close and held position in a slow rotation for an hour or more. The ship's height made a fabulous viewing angle.

We're returning to Hawaii to get married and of course the 40 or so people who are coming to wish us well have seen the videos and pictures and heard us gush on about the event.

I just looked at the actual itinerary map and it looks like we will travel at night around the North side of the Big Island instead of the South. Admittedly the shorter route but not by much.

Any idea how we might influence RCL to make the pass by the volcano? It's stunning!

Edit - ok we're going in 2017, the 2107 RCL calendar isn't available yet. If someone knows how to fix the title let me know.

I was booked on the May 3 2017 cruise but cancelled it as did 3/4 of the others on the M&M thread. No overnight in Hawaii, 1 day less than the other itineraries plus more $. I suspect Royal will price drop this one eventually. You have 0 chance of influencing Royal to change their itinerary.

Well we all know what happened the last time, when someone was influenced to make a Close Bypass to an Island to Show off:eek::loudcry:

cruise-disaster_2110914a-large.jpg