Haven prebook shows/dining?

albucchi

If we are booked in the haven, can we just use the concierge when we board to book shows and specialty restaurants or should we do that online prior to? I know we have access to the haven dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Knowing what I know now, I would book as much of the specialty dining as I could ahead of time. The concierge can only do so much if the specialty dining is booked up. We were on the Jewel in 2013 and made most of our dining reservations the first day or so, but didn't use the concierge for the shows. We wish we had realized that so we could have had better seating for the shows, which were pretty darn good!

We visited the Haven restaurant for breakfast and lunch (it was Cagney's at the time, I think they've changed the model since then) and then MDR or specialty for dinners. We did go to the buffet a couple of times, but the experiences we had in Cagney's cured us of wanting to endure the chaos.

I hope you have a fantastic time!

We tried to book when on board and was told it was not available for the time we wanted. So we went to the concierge and he got us the time we wanted. Also got us in all shows and got all our excursion tours for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a show you want to see or a specialty restaurant you know you want to eat at, I would suggest either booking it on line or by calling the pre-Concierge 100 days out from your cruise. If you don't pre-book, you take the changes of something not being available.

If we are booked in the haven, can we just use the concierge when we board to book shows and specialty restaurants or should we do that online prior to? I know we have access to the haven dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the past, we have never pre-booked our specialty dining. We simply waited until we were onboard, and had the concierge do it. We were always prepared to be flexible in our dates and dining times, though. However for our upcoming Escape cruise, we did two pre-bookings for Cagney's, simply because the NCL website showed such limited availability. They are not at our ideal times, and we're hoping the concierge will have some ability to adjust those times for us. If he/she can't, well, we'll take the times we have.

We have always noticed that only three of the specialty restaurants seem to get so heavily pre-booked that it becomes difficult to get a reservation on the ship. Those are Le Bistro and Cagney's, because they are likely the most sought-after, and Teppanyaki, because of its limited seating.

It's my feeling that, like any high-end restaurant, there is some "hold back" of pre-booking availability at Cagney's and Le Bistro, to allow some inventory that the the concierge staff and restaurant maitre'd can use to work out seating for on-board requests from Haven guests.

Still, if you absolutely must have a certain date and time, best to try and pre-book it online.

We booked each day at the Haven concierge, and they could get us any time we wanted at the specialty dining areas or any show or bar. Part of the reason I will only cruise Haven going forward.

Edited by Shidah
spelling typo