Stateroom Telephone Charges

Safe77

I've searched and can't find where this question might have been asked before. Call me old-fashioned, but I have never used my cell phone on a cruise out of fear of receiving a horrible bill from both the onboard account any my cell phone provider. Yes, I'm quite uninformed on such matters.

We've always used the stateroom phone to call our sons at home (in the US) to make sure everything was okay. Typically, we make a quick 2-minute call every day or two and pay about $5 per minute. Does anybody know what the per-minute charge for using stateroom phones to call a number in the US from the Divina?

Alternately, can someone explain what I might expect to pay if I used my Sprint cell phone to make the same call from the ship?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Why not phone when you are in port or email or text them would be lots cheaper? Or buy the surfer package and contact them through whatsapp?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Nikkiw60. If I phone from port, won't I also incur horrific charges on my cell phone bill? (Honestly, I feel so foolish here. I'm the tech geek that people,come to with questions about computers and apps, but I know next to nothing about using my cell phone outside of the US!)

WiFi calling is an option in port. The problem with it is that we're generally in port during the day when our sons are in (college) classes and at sea from early evening onward. Would WiFi calling be a viable option if I purchased one of the ship's internet packages? (Again, I apologize for sounding so dumb about all of this and I greatly appreciate your help!!)