Whos had a birthday on board ?

rumbaLiz

My daughter celebrated her 15th birthday onboard last year on the Star. Because it was her birthday, we let her bring a friend. We told the steward, and called to let the purser's desk know, but they decorated our cabin instead! We got up early enough to catch it, and took down the decorations and went to her cabin to do it ourselves. We saw the purser and explained to him the problem...he finished decorating her door for us. We also called room service the night before and ordered chocolate dipped strawberries to be delivered as a "wake up." The girls loved them! At dinner, they brought the special cake with a candle(although we told the head waiter, just to be sure she wasn't forgotten, but thankfully, no embarassing singing---she would have died! But she was really thrilled with the special treatment. This cruise (6/12) will cover my birthday and our anniversary. We put the info on the personalizer, but I sincerely hope there is no singing. I would be embarassed, and would not want to impose on anyone counting on a quiet, elegant meal.

Caribbean Princess 6/12/04

Diamond Princess 3/05

Archived