TA versus Upsell

poona1

Should I put trust in my TA or call the upsell number (not bidding) during the last week to find me the best price in any remaining cabin....though not a guarantee cabin I hope...I am currently sailing on the gem and debating whether to I should pay extra for the aft facing vs. minisuite cabin?

I would call myself. If you use your TA by the time they call you with the info and then call back NCL that cabin could be gone. If you told your TA that you would pay $300pp for the upsell and the upsell was $325pp they might not do it. By calling yourself you have all that info right away and can make a better decision. Have an idea of how much you are willing to pay before you call, if the upsell is around that amount you don't have to hesitate. That way it's in your hands.

Good Luck

Depends on whats available in the yield system. That said, I thought the bidding system was in place on almost all ships now? I know many of the upsell staff are gone or have been reassigned.

That's what I understand as well. I think even the Jewel Class ships are now on the bidding system.

That just means they don't want your cabin enough to put you in the bidding process at least not yet. They will not be opening bidding to every passenger.

I'm sailing on the Pearl in 35 days and haven't gotten any offers to bid, either in email or in My NCL