Travel Adapter Question

Casey2

I know this has been discussed before, but I still have questions. I am not as concerned with charging things on the ship but will need an adapter for our days in Rome pre-cruise. All the adapters I have contain surge protectors which you are not allowed to bring on the ship. Cn anyone suggest an acceptable adapter that won't be confiscated on the ship?

I know this has been discussed before, but I still have questions. I am not as concerned with charging things on the ship but will need an adapter for our days in Rome pre-cruise. All the adapters I have contain surge protectors which you are not allowed to bring on the ship. Cn anyone suggest an acceptable adapter that won't be confiscated on the ship?

No adapter will have surge protector in it, an adapter only adapts the style of the plug, it does not change any voltage. A converter may have a surge protector in it, but the ones I have bought at airports have not

Here's a great post which discusses in depth as to why surge protectors can't be used onboard ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48102515#post48102515

This post has some suggestions as to what type of adapter your can purchase on Amazon (or elsewhere):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228714&highlight=surge

You can also search the cruise forums for "power adapter" or "extension cord" and get more results.

Hope this helps. ;)

At Target you can buy a two-pack or three-pack of adapters. No surge protector. No voltage conversion. Just the adapters, US to European. Two-pack was three-prong, three-pack was two-prong. Just was looking at them a week ago.

You do want to make sure that your devices state they are 110-240 volt (usually on a tag or the plug) before using these.