arcadia

duckbill

If you haven,t been onboard before the art work is well worth a look, it was one of the selling points of the ship when it was first launched, they used to do an art appreciation walk - don't know if they still do.

Spend a bit of time going down each stairwell and looking around each of the corners near the doors. There are some amazing pictures, tapestries and sculptures hidden in the oddest places.

Have a lovely cruise

I have been following a blog on another site which has been posted at almost daily intervals by someone on the Arcadia World Cruise that is now coming to an end. She has been having an amazing time and at no point have I read about any particular problems on the ship. Yes things happen on a ship that is cruising day after day the whole year and when things happen they are attended to. I would go with no worries. I firmly believe that some reviews are written by people who haven't been on the cruise! I once read a review about a cruise I too had been on and there were some very fundamental errors which proved the writer had definitely not been on that cruise.
]

Hiya - please can you link me to tgis blog ? Am doing the 2019 world cruise thx

Thank you all for your invaluable and sensitive comments and now I am going to seek more of your advice. I have, over the past couple of years, become dairy intolerant, and I mean I cannot have dairy in any form at all. I do not think I will have any problems but I will miss afternoon tea as, quite honestly, it was always my favourite meal on board. Your thoughts on this will be most welcome.

Thank you all for your invaluable and sensitive comments and now I am going to seek more of your advice. I have, over the past couple of years, become dairy intolerant, and I mean I cannot have dairy in any form at all. I do not think I will have any problems but I will miss afternoon tea as, quite honestly, it was always my favourite meal on board. Your thoughts on this will be most welcome.

Hi, I can't eat egg, which like dairy is hidden in many things. I think P&O have become better with special diets in recent years. I have afternoon tea and they produce egg-free sandwiches and have them ready whether I turn up or not - I'm sure after the first day they will do the same for you. They don't do any special cakes for me though. I'm lucky I can eat crumpets, I can't recall if they contain dairy. I have noticed on recent cruises that early in the morning on day 2 there is a chance for people with special diets to meet the chefs to discuss, I have been amazed what the chefs say yes to that waiters say no to! Look out for it in the Horizon.

As an aside...My Mother has become dairy intolerant in recent years, and read about a product called Bio-Tiful Kefir it is a dairy based drink containing various organisms. It has been reported to improve dairy intolerance - and it does seem to work, despite being dairy based it doesn't cause her any problems and when she has it she finds she can eat small amounts of dairy without being ill. I thought I'd mention that [emoji4] obviously if you have a severe allergy you can't take a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Florry. No there is no dairy in crumpets. I really cannot take dairy in any way shape or form. It took months of trying all sorts of alternative 'milk' alternatives to get to one that was good in tea and I finally found Morrisons soya 'milk' drink which is very good. Most marge has dairy in it but one that is absolutely dairy free is Vitalite.I make my own gingernut biscuits, cakes and pastry with it and get very good results. Thank you for the info' on meeting the Chefs that could prove invaluable to me.