Silvermoon Raves!

Isla Mike

We just got back from our cruise on RCL's Serenade of the Seas and had a Thursday trip with Silvermoon. The trip was wonderful! You will love the boat, the snokeling, the wonderful lunch, the ride and the staff! It is truely a luxury catamaran as described.

We also were lucky enough to have two other couples we meet on other excursions earlier in the week (all booked from CruiseCritic boards) on Silvermoon with us. Out of the 12 on the Silvermoon boat 6 of us already knew each other.

Hi Amy and Ray and Jim and Carol!

Isla Mike

Thanks for the review.....I will be on the Silvermoon next Thursday December 1 and I know that there are 6 other people from our ship that I have chatted with on CC that will also be on the Silvermoon excursion with me and my mom!!

We just did the tour on the Silvermoon II. The crew on that boat were great. They were very friendly. They spoiled us. We snorkeled with the sea turtles (without fins). Then we sailed to a different area and snorkeled (with fins) over a wreck. There were lots of fish to see. Then we sailed again to another area of the island and ate lunch. We were able to swim a bit after lunch as well. I was so relaxed after that tour. I need one of those at least once every other month (I wish!).

I agree, we did Silver Moon II this last week and the service was awesome...we were offered something to drink every 5 minutes! Silvermoon II is beautiful and is a wonderful size catermeran...

I was initially disappointed that the Silver Moon was already booked but after seeing both I definitely prefer Silver Moon II.

We just did the tour on the Silvermoon II. The crew on that boat were great. They were very friendly. They spoiled us. We snorkeled with the sea turtles (without fins). Then we sailed to a different area and snorkeled (with fins) over a wreck. There were lots of fish to see. Then we sailed again to another area of the island and ate lunch. We were able to swim a bit after lunch as well. I was so relaxed after that tour. I need one of those at least once every other month (I wish!).

How did you book Silvermoon II?

Can you tell me in a little more detail what the day entails? On either the Silvermoon or the Silvermoon II? I'm interested, but I'm trying to decide if this is something to recommend for the whole family (ranging in ages from 70 - 8) or if it's just for the hubby and me (43 and 31).

Thanks!

Can you tell me in a little more detail what the day entails? On either the Silvermoon or the Silvermoon II? I'm interested, but I'm trying to decide if this is something to recommend for the whole family (ranging in ages from 70 - 8) or if it's just for the hubby and me (43 and 31).

Thanks!

This is something for all ages - the Silvermoon I will hold 12 people and I think the Silvermoon II will hold a little more. They picked us up at the pier around 10:30 - five minute drive to the boat. First stop was to snorkel with the turtles - you are required to wear life jackets for both snorkeling stops so even if you aren't a strong swimmer you can still snorkel. The second snorkel spot is over a sunken ship after you are done snorkeling they feed you a delicious lunch and then you have some time to swim off of the boat or swim into shore. Make sure you try the Pina Colada's - they certainly cater to you and it was well worth the money!! We were dropped off around 4:15 so we still had time to shop in the pier area! If this is something you are considering I would definitely book as soon as you can!

Thanks!

This would be fine for all ages .... we had a group ranging from 11 - 67 the day we sailed on the Silver Moon II and we all enjoyed the day! The Silver Moon II holds 18.

We will be in Barbados on 4/6 on the Carnival Legend. Carnival's web site says from 12-10. Is there a Silvermoon sail that accomodates the times we are in port. I know CArnival usually says this is ship time. Costs? Appropriate for novice swimmers???

Archived