Pride-debarkation time

landsear

I am assuming you mean embarkation. You will select the time when you complete your online registration. They typically start at 12:30. If you purchase FTTF or at Platinum or above you can show up at any time. If you are on a sailing that stops at HMC and not Platinum or above I would think about purchasing FTTF. Since HMC is a tendering port if you want to get to the beach early.

The Pride arrives into it's home port later than other Carnival ships, usually between 9 &10 am at the discretion of the the Harbor Master/Pilot. So the choice of staggered CHECK-IN times does not become available until 3-6 months before the cruise out of this port, when Carnival receives a general confirmation from the Port Authority.

To check log-on to your account at Carnival.com "Manage" -> "My Booking" -> "Cruise Details" somewhere just below where your dining preference is listed there should be the the tab to select/edit your check-in time at the terminal. Even if your cabin has priority boarding, Carnival asks that you pick the time that will most closely match your planned arrival to the port so they may request of the Port Authority to have XX # of agents available.

Some helpful hints about the Falcon Point Port in Baltimore:

• Do sign-up in your Cruise Manager for travel updates from Carnival. Even with scheduling the later arrival times the Pride tends to still be late on occasion.
  • The parking lot does not open to new passengers until most of the previous cruise's passengers have departed, so lines tend to build for those with early check-in times. If you are lucky enough to grab 1 of the earlier check-in times plan to arrive about 1 hour before that to line up for the parking lot and be prepared to wait in the car for the lot to open.
  • Hotel and airport shuttles, as well as private cars are allowed to drop off incoming passengers after the first round of departing passengers have left the port area. Usually this occurs about 45 minutes after the ship docks.
  • Checked luggage is taken from vehicles before arriving at the parking lot or terminal doors. Do hold on to your carry-ons because the porters tend to empty the trunk or cargo area before people can instruct them otherwise.
  • The Port of Baltimore is stringent about the staggered check-in times. So unless you have priority privileges they will not let you into the terminal till the time printed on your boarding pass. They will have members of your booking wait outside under a covered porch area.
  • The Port of Baltimore does not hand out general zone boarding #s. Port personnel will direct passengers arriving before boarding begins to seats in the waiting area in the order of finishing their check-in to be dismissed row by row from there once boarding begins. So if there are people on your booking arriving by different means that want to board together have them meet outside to keep the group together.

As for disembarking at the end of the cruise Carnival will issue zone #'s and instructions the morning of the last full day aboard the ship. What # you get is based on several factors including any information you plug in to the travel information section of the online check-in, what VIFP level you are, and what deck your cabin is on. If you need an earlier zone # for disembarkation visit the Guest Services desk as soon as possible to see if they have any lower #s available or choose to do self assist debarking (you carry all of your luggage off to Customs for processing).

Hotel and airport shuttles, as well as private cars are allowed to drop off incoming passengers after the first round of departing passengers have left the port area. Usually this occurs about 45 minutes after the ship docks.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but wondering if there is a special spot where we would get dropped off. Our daughter lives in Baltimore and will be dropping us off that morning. Is there a separate line for drop-offs, or do you have to wait in line with everyone else and just pull up to the front of the building to drop your luggage and walk inside?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but wondering if there is a special spot where we would get dropped off. Our daughter lives in Baltimore and will be dropping us off that morning. Is there a separate line for drop-offs, or do you have to wait in line with everyone else and just pull up to the front of the building to drop your luggage and walk inside?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About 100 yards past the entry gate will be a guard, they will direct cars to either the parking lot line or the drop off line handing you a paper marker to put on the dash, until then all cars wait together. There is a point of time for each cruise that the entry gate is closed and people will line-up on the access route.

Once in your designated line more guards will direct traffic to the luggage trains to drop off checked bags. The line to the luggage train can not be skipped, even if you plan to carry-on all your luggage, though once at the luggage train you can tell the porters no checked bags. Again I can not stress enough to keep your carry-on in hand or in your lap if checking other luggage, especial the one with the boarding pass and documentation of ID & nationality. As the porters generally just ask you to open the trunk or hatch then start removing bags before anyone can give them special instructions.

For drop offs if there is a mobility issue the driver can ask to leave the passengers off at the door but for the most part after the porters take the luggage they instruct the passengers to walk the 30 or so yards to the terminal and direct the driver to the port's exit.

Maryred--

Is there always parking available? If we have a later embarkation time, should we worry about not having a spot? I don't mind waiting an hour for parking, but I will make other arrangements if there might be an issue.

Maryred--

Is there always parking available? If we have a later embarkation time, should we worry about not having a spot? I don't mind waiting an hour for parking, but I will make other arrangements if there might be an issue.

We recently sailed from Baltimore. Our arrival time was 3pm and there was plenty of parking available.