how to avoid teenagers and children

naturetchr

What luck, with your requests you end up on one of the few Carnival ships without at least a Serenity deck. I would find a chair on the upper level (try around the track area of the sports deck, there should be some hidden there). Bring a soft sided cooler (small sized, I believe no bigger than 12x12 is allowed but double check) with ice and pack it with water and if you want, soft drinks (buy water from the fun shop online to be delivered to your cabin and carry on a 12 pack of canned soft drinks), bring a bubba keg/contigo mug to transfer alcoholic drinks into to keep them cool since there will be no waiters on the sports deck, consider a bucket of beers to have a few drinks ready to go. Pack chair clips for towels since it's windy up there. One tip is a small spray bottle to keep in your cooler, it really helps for a quick cool down in lieu of a dip in the pool (the wind works great with the cool mist). Pack a sun hat or visor with good coverage that can be secured on your head (again, wind). Also, the sun can be intense so a thin sarong or coverup to get your exposed areas out of direct sun when lounging is nice (the towels also work, but their thickness can be too hot). If you want shade, again, find a quiet nook on the upper levels, some have a few loungers. You may see a kid in passing, but staying away from the lido deck and being ok with going to get your own drinks is your best bet. Eat at odd hours such as a 7 am breakfast, or order room service, have lunch in the MDR, and choose late dining. Also, attend the later shows. A little prep and the right mindset and you can have a great cruise. When you first board, go exploring and find some good spots that may be quiet. Make those places your daily retreat.

Happy cruising!!

think this thread has run its course.

as usual with these type of really unusual posts... the OP is a hit and run thread starter...

doubt they will be back

You could be right, but I really do hope they at least read the comments. This sort of post was bound to have some snarky comments, but there are some good tips. Perhaps it will benefit someone else. We'll see!!

The more expensive and the longer the cruise will accomplish that. But you realize your fare doesn't get you any more than the next persons fare. Your fare SHARES the ship. If you want exclusivity, hire a yacht.

YMMV

You are incorrect. There are certain areas of the ship that are off limits to adults. Based on what you state, I should be allowed to go to Camp Carnival and play video games any time I want. So if kids can have a part of the ship that is exclusive to them they adult should be afforded the same privilege (more so because the adult is the paying passenger).

I cruised Triumph August 2016 with a group of friends for our 50th birthday trip. It was busy with children who were well behaved and a few who were out of control running everywhere but I blame the adults who refuse to parent their children. They expect the ship to monitor their children while they do whatever they want. There is no Serenity Area on this ship but we did frequent places the children could not go, like Alchemy Bar, Adult only comedy show and the later evening shows in the large theater. The bartenders at the Alchemy Bar will help you celebrate as well just let them know what you wish to do and they are great. Using late dinner also helped avoid them. Several friends are police officers and they just had enough of their running and got a hold of a couple of kids by the pool who were running and knocking food and drinks out of peoples hands and had to go find their parents with them because enough was enough. We don't go on vacation for such foolishness. Out of New Orleans is a nice cruise just find your adult spots and celebrate there. Good Luck!!!

You are incorrect. There are certain areas of the ship that are off limits to adults. Based on what you state, I should be allowed to go to Camp Carnival and play video games any time I want. So if kids can have a part of the ship that is exclusive to them they adult should be afforded the same privilege (more so because the adult is the paying passenger).

That to me is a given. I would not expect a person wanting to avoid children and teenagers going to an area harboring them.

That to me is a given. I would not expect a person wanting to avoid children and teenagers going to an area harboring them.

Harboring them?

What, are the Kids Clubs now the Sanctuary Cities of cruise ships?

The aft deck above the pool (where the flagpole is anchored) served as a defacto kid free area on our last Triumph cruise. Not a lot there to keep their attention so they usually moved on quickly. Its also near food / bar / and bathrooms (downstairs).