Cdn price vs usd price on excursions.

One thing to be aware of. If you're paying for your cruise in Canadian dollars, then when you book an excursion using the cruise planner, it will only quote and charge you in Canadian dollars. There isn't an option to pay in US dollars. If you book onboard of the ship, you will obviously only be able to pay in US Dollars.

One thing to be aware of. If you're paying for your cruise in Canadian dollars, then when you book an excursion using the cruise planner, it will only quote and charge you in Canadian dollars. There isn't an option to pay in US dollars. If you book onboard of the ship, you will obviously only be able to pay in US Dollars.

Yes we have booked our trip in CDN funds it is actually cheaper doing it this way. With the exchange rate right now it's crazy how much more it is

Yes we have booked our trip in CDN funds it is actually cheaper doing it this way. With the exchange rate right now it's crazy how much more it is

Yeah it is pretty insane. I just put down deposits for two cruises for next year and the prices weren't bad considering they are in Canadian dollars. It scares me so much that I didn't even look up the USD prices and do a conversion.

Just to add to the discussion, if you have OBC to spend in the Cruise Planner, that exchange rate fluctuates until you lock it in with your first Cruise Planner purchase. I have one sailing where I purchased an excursion a few weeks ago with OBC at 1.324 and another I purchased a couple of days ago at 1.3392. These rates are now locked into their respective sailings.

The OBC exchange rate is somewhat independent of (varies slightly from) the actual Planner price exchange rate between the USD and CAD price, though. When my OBC was being exchanged at 1.324, the excursion's USD price was $35.00 and CAD price was $45.85 (rate of exactly 1.31). When my OBC was being exchanged at 1.3392, the Planner price was $30.00 USD or $39.90 CAD (rate of exactly 1.33).

If our exchange rate becomes any worse, it might actually become a good deal once again to buy OBC in CAD (at the 1.40 rate last reported in the Canadian cruisers thread...)