Room question

Yesterday the upgrade fairy scored me an Ocean Suite room. Woohoo!! The customer service rep told me that I will have priority boarding as a result. In the past I had FTTF so I was able to go straight to my room. It's my understanding priority boarding doesn't mean early room entry. When do you normally get room access? I know I could keep my FTTF, but I don't really want to spend $50 just so I don't have to carry my stuff for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's correct. Usually around 1:00PM.

I would keep FTTF for not only early entry to your cabin, but also the dedicated GS line. True you may not need to go there but if you do, you will be so glad you have it. Why try and schedule a trip there based around when the line is less busy?

a2c570d0260014c79cc37f9cb35558b8.jpg

Yesterday the upgrade fairy scored me an Ocean Suite room. Woohoo!! The customer service rep told me that I will have priority boarding as a result. In the past I had FTTF so I was able to go straight to my room. It's my understanding priority boarding doesn't mean early room entry. When do you normally get room access? I know I could keep my FTTF, but I don't really want to spend $50 just so I don't have to carry my stuff for a little while.

I've never had a call from an upsell fairy, and I want to improve my chances! So, can you tell me how you booked your cruise (travel agent, carnival website, etc), when you booked your cruise, what type of room you originally booked, how many people were in your party, and what your VFP status is. Thanks for any input you can give me to increase my chances!

This is only my second cruise. So I'm as surprised by it as you are. :) I booked it myself on carnivals website. There are two of us going. I originally booked an ocean view at the end of January under the early savers program. Watched the prices and got two reduced rates in February. At the end of February I caught another sale and upgraded to a balcony for about $20 more than what my OV room was (I called and had their customer service do this since it was a change of room). During march I caught another price reduction but I haven't had any activity since then. Even my excursion has been booked for a while. I purchased insurance within the last week or so, but I doubt that would have any bearing on the upgrade. I wish I could be more helpful!!

This year - and 2. :) I told my friend this will probably ruin me for a regular room [emoji14] but I would never pay full price. Honestly- I couldn't afford it. Well and still be able to do all the other stuff I want to do [emoji41]

This year - and 2. :) I told my friend this will probably ruin me for a regular room [emoji14] but I would never pay full price. Honestly- I couldn't afford it. Well and still be able to do all the other stuff I want to do [emoji41]

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your cruise and your suite!!

I turned down two upgrade offers within the year and half, probably won't be called again, but for the extra money they wanted, if I wanted a suite in the first place it would of totaled the same price as if I spent the upgrade, for me it was a scam to fill the more expensive rooms, Carnival doesn't give anything good for people with suite so I refused it.

Mine was significantly cheaper ($200/each) than the listed price and in a good location. I also googled the room number and found a YouTube video of my exact room that was taken by a cruiser in march - and it looks amazing. So I'm excited.