Anyone renewing their vows??

bulldogmom

Crusin girl, I think you posted on the Legend board and since this board might be more appropriate for asking vow renewal I thought I would ask you a few questions. Did you go through Carnival to make your arangements? I see that it is mentioned that they don't do the renewal on formal nights, did you find this to be the case? Our actual 25th wedding anniversary falls on the first formal night and I would of loved to be able to renewal our vows on that day. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. And congrats on the 10 years! We were in the same boat 25 years ago when we got married at the courthouse, everyone around us placed bets on how long our marriage was going to last and I guess we fooled them all! It has been a great 25 years and we are looking forward to our next 25.

Hi vfb2girls,

I know your question wasn't directed to me but thought I could help. I emailed Carnival Weddings with your same question a couple weeks ago and they sent me their renewal packages info which states "we will be unable to grant requests to perform the ceremony on embarkation days or formal nights". Disappointing cuz we too were checking on the possibility of having it on ship on a formal night. Now we're looking at a shore ceremony. Good luck and hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this post.....We're thinking of renewing our vows (20th) on our cruise in a few weeks. We don't want the cake and all that, just the captain and a VERY short little ceremony. It is just hubby and myself. Do they do that, and does that cost? Or do you have to purchase the renewal package?? Thanks!

Just found this post.....We're thinking of renewing our vows (20th) on our cruise in a few weeks. We don't want the cake and all that, just the captain and a VERY short little ceremony. It is just hubby and myself. Do they do that, and does that cost? Or do you have to purchase the renewal package?? Thanks!

Hi LALady,

I'm not certain but I believe they will charge you the least expensive vow renewal package of $385.00 and includes (in their words):

-special ceremony location performed by ship's captain

-Keepsake "Renewal of Vows" certificate

-recorded music

-photography service (purchase of photos at an additional charge)

-one long stemmed rose for bride and rose boutonniere for groom

-2 tier wedding cake

-sparkling wine and 2 etched champagne flutes ("Romance", "Honeymoon", or "Anniversary")

-one 8x10 wedding photograph

Hope this helps! Congrats!!:)

IF you don't want to go through the ship you can book one through a company at one of the ports. Not sure what your ports are but you can google your Port name and then vow renewal and you should be able to come up with some options. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone my name is Kelly. I will be sailing on the Explorer of the seas on May 14, 2009. My brother and sisters and I would like to surprise my parents with a surprise 15 year wedding renewal! They will be married 15 years June 10th. Can anyone help me I am having a hard time deciding on what to do. Is it better to go thru Royal Caribbean or go on to St. Thomas? My mom got married in a court house and then went out to eat after. She has been having a rought time lately and I know she always talks about having a nice renewal. Any ideas would be great as everything was kind of left for me to do. Thank you all in advance Kelly

I saw that you sent an email save the date. Do you have a copy you can share to give me some kind of wording? We are doing a renewal and would like to invite friends and family to come along with us. Thanks for the info, Shannon sbillingsley@bellsouth.net

Sorry I don't have a template or anything. We are cruising on Carnival and you can register a login name and such on Carnivalconnections.com. Then from there you can create an ivitation and email it out. The invitation included info such as the itinerary, rates, and group booking number. Your guests then create their own login and can RSVP and chat on your groups own message board. That's what I did.

Hello everyone my name is Kelly. I will be sailing on the Explorer of the seas on May 14, 2009. My brother and sisters and I would like to surprise my parents with a surprise 15 year wedding renewal! They will be married 15 years June 10th. Can anyone help me I am having a hard time deciding on what to do. Is it better to go thru Royal Caribbean or go on to St. Thomas? My mom got married in a court house and then went out to eat after. She has been having a rought time lately and I know she always talks about having a nice renewal. Any ideas would be great as everything was kind of left for me to do. Thank you all in advance Kelly

Hi Kelly, I think it's wonderful of you to do that for your parents! Weddings (vow renewals) should be fun to plan so try not to stress. This board has helped me so much and will help you too...just keep reading. As for having it on the ship versus St. Thomas, it depends on which you think they would prefer...beach/tropical island view or in a room on the ship? I don't know how it's done on any other cruise line than Carnival. You may not be able to get any definite room location until a couple weeks before you cruise. I'm a bit of a planner (ok control freak!:o) so we chose to do it on St. Thomas. There are lots of planners with all kinds of beach or terrace type locations to choose from. I have a list of planners (I researched ALL their websites to see what fit our vision) and can email them to you if you would like. Good luck!

Sorry I don't have a template or anything. We are cruising on Carnival and you can register a login name and such on Carnivalconnections.com. Then from there you can create an ivitation and email it out. The invitation included info such as the itinerary, rates, and group booking number. Your guests then create their own login and can RSVP and chat on your groups own message board. That's what I did.

Thanks anyway! I went ahead and took several ideas from different websites and made my own. I decided to do an email and a snail mail that included my website info that they can go to to get the info. If you don't mind I would like the list of info you found on St Thomas. That is one of our itineraries. I cant decide to do the renewal on the ship or on the beach; I am having a hard time deciding. I know I have plenty of time I just like to know what I am doing as soon as possible. Thanks for your help. Shannon Sbillingsley@bellsouth.net

Yes can you please email me them my email address is kutty77@aol.com Thank you again I think they would like the beach to have their renewal

kutty -- We did our vow renewal last year on the Explorer. If you change your mind and want any info, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

RCCL did a beautiful job and I'm happy we decided to do it on the ship.

I will be soooo happy to get info on the renewals on the ship. It is kind of hard because it looks like I will be doing this by myself. I am looking for something that we be easier. We have so far about 15 sailing with me but like I said I really wanna do this for them

Shaden1982

How many people id you have there for your renewal? Do you have to pay for everything seperate or is there some kind of package? Does Royal still allowed to have guest not sailing still come on just to see the wedding then off again before we sail? Im sorry for all the questions I am just trying to decide what to do and what I think they would like best. And since it is a surprise I an't asked them. Thank you again Kelly

Hi Kelly -- I'm happy to answer any of your questions. This will be a great surprise for your parents! How nice.

We had 18 people for our renewal. It was held in the ships chapel. We paid for the renewal -- $400. and a little reception -- hor d'ourves $29. per person. The ceremony was beautiful, they sent me vow renewal vow samples but I chose to do our own -- we did an Irish theme, we exchanged Claddagh rings for our renewal. We had our son & daughter do a reading, daughter walked my hubby down the aisle, son walked me. We recorded a few songs that they played on a CD player.

The reception was well worth the $$....they did a great job with that also, the food was good. The only thing that didnt' work out was the kids ordered a special cake for us and somehow that got all mixed up but it was still beautiful.

We didn't know until we met with the coordinator on board when/where the ceremony would take place. She was very accomodating. We were told we couldn't have it on formal nite because the photographers would be busy with formal pics during that time. We asked if we could have it on a sea day so everyone wouldn't be so rushed getting back from shore. It happened to be on formal nite but we just held it mid afternoon so as not to mess with formal pix, etc.

I don't think they do vow renewals on the day of embarkation as they are ususally busy with weddings that day. But, you could call Royal Romance and find out. I had no problem dealing with them.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Have you checked out the RCCL website and the brochure on vow renewals?

We didn't know until we met with the coordinator on board when/where the ceremony would take place. She was very accomodating. We were told we couldn't have it on formal nite because the photographers would be busy with formal pics during that time. We asked if we could have it on a sea day so everyone wouldn't be so rushed getting back from shore. It happened to be on formal nite but we just held it mid afternoon so as not to mess with formal pix, etc.

So how early in the afternoon did you have to have the vow renewal to do it on the same day as formal night? We are sailing on Enchantment in October and were hoping to have it as sea too but that is the formal night.

Do they send you ahead of time readings and stuff so you can choose those? Are you able to play your own music? thanks for any info:D

So how early in the afternoon did you have to have the vow renewal to do it on the same day as formal night? We are sailing on Enchantment in October and were hoping to have it as sea too but that is the formal night.

Do they send you ahead of time readings and stuff so you can choose those? Are you able to play your own music? thanks for any info:D

It was at 2:00.....they worked with us to hold it on that day.

Yes, after I signed the contract they sent me some samples of vows, etc.

We chose to do our own vows as I wanted an Irish theme since we were exchanging the Irish Claddagh rings. I chose the readings the our children did also -- some Irish limericks. When we met with the coordinator I had everything typed out and just gave her a copy. She was really easy to deal with, she is the one who did the vow renewal. We did record a few lines of a few songs for our entrance, etc.

It was all done very nicely.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again? Sorry but I have a couple of more questions if someone can help me? Shaden when you did your renewal on the ship Did they change your prices on you? I have been reading that Royal has been changes prices. How was your hor d'ourves reception? Was it worth the 29.00 a person when you can eat on the ship for free? Thank you sooooooo much

PS by any chanch has anyone ever used wedding, set, go! or http://www.viweddings.com/ ?

kutty77. Happy to answer your questions! That's what CC is for!

When we did our vow renewal aboard Explorer -- the prices were as stated to me prior to boarding....they actually charge your credit card prior and there is nothing added to your sea pass except if you purchase pictures.

I thought the hor d'ourves reception was well worth the $$. It also included open bar for 1 hour. It was tastefully done.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

Thank you again so much!!! We have decided to do the renewal on the ship and have the 29.00 reception -- hor d'ourves. I am going to call today and see if I can book it now. I am going to request a sea day to because atleast one person of our group has something planed for each day at port. I really hope that this works out as My parents are great people and they gave me a beautiful wedding with over 300 people at it. If there is anything else that anyone remembers I will take it all. LOL Pictures and all. Thank you all again Kelly

Kelly -- I'll try to remember to post some pics next week! Kind of busy around here, we're having a big party for my 50th bday bash!!

Maybe if you post again next week, I'll get the notification and that will be my reminder!! My memory is not what it used to be! ;)

I know that you will love the renewal on the ship --- it was sooo much more than what we expected! Just beautiful, it will be wonderful!

I'm really glad I found this thread.

I've wanted to do the vow renewal when we sail November 2009 (tentatively the Norwegian Pearl, Eastern Caribbean). My husband prefers to wait until 2011, which would be our silver anniversary. But we've lost friends and family to cancers, accidents, etc. Trust me when I say "someday" never, ever comes. I am not waiting.

We've been married 22 wonderful years. Long story short, we were a couple of broke Army privates who experienced disasters one through fifty at our wedding in the Fort Hood, Texas Second Armored Division Chapel. But now hubby has retired and we no longer have to live by the Army's schedule. We can do it OUR way, and to be honest, I think we've both fallen in love with the Caribbean.

Anyway, it would be just us two, probably aboard the ship's chapel, or maybe if they have a special site on one of the islands. I guess we would have to see what NCL offers and then go from there.

I'm really glad I found this thread.

I've wanted to do the vow renewal when we sail November 2009 (tentatively the Norwegian Pearl, Eastern Caribbean). My husband prefers to wait until 2011, which would be our silver anniversary. But we've lost friends and family to cancers, accidents, etc. Trust me when I say "someday" never, ever comes. I am not waiting.

I say go for it. We actually cruised a couple years early (2003) to celebrate our anniversary thinking we might not have the extra bucks when we hit our 25th (kids in college!) but we were lucky and where able to plan an actual vow renewal on our next cruise in 2006 which was the spring after our 25th anniversary. It doesn't have to be on the day or in the month you where married. It was absolutely the best experience and we are so glad we did it. We had our renewal on Hawksnest beach on St. John and it was amazing. We went through a private wedding planner to be able to have the renewal on the beach as well as with an ordained minister.

I hope you go ahead with it when you can - you are so right about things happening and someday never arriving.

• 6 years later...