Kids club

Lorrainbow

One of the age divisions in the club, or "Reef" to give it's collective term; is 5 - 8 year olds which is the "Surfers" section. This means that they will attend the same section, assuming you are quoting ages as at the day you embark.

I have used them from 2 years to 14 years and find them very good. Safe environment integrated toilets for children and parents sign the children in and out with your cruise card as ID. Additional people may be nominated by parents such as gran, aunts etc if you are travelling as an extended family or group of friends. These people need to be 18+ years of age. Going AWOL will not happen.

Regards John

Excellent so how do u book is it on the day or can u do it in advance and is it difficult to get them in?

I've also used the kid's clubs for my children, although they were much older and also heartily recommend them. Lovely staff, very inclusive, excellent range of activities, etc. You can't book in advance, best thing is to go to the club on embarkation day asap and register them. I've never know it to happen, but P&O do claim the right to cap numbers if there are too many in any one age group - more likely to happen during school holiday cruises, of course - so the sooner you sign them up, the better. It only takes a few minutes. They are also very aware of things like allergies and dealt with this brilliantly for my children's serious food allergy. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Used the clubs when my two were of that age, they loved it and we loved the fact that we could relax knowing that they were safe and enjoying themselves.

People were amazed that so many kids were on the cruise but that you hardly ever saw or heard them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've also used the kid's clubs for my children, although they were much older and also heartily recommend them. Lovely staff, very inclusive, excellent range of activities, etc. You can't book in advance, best thing is to go to the club on embarkation day asap and register them. I've never know it to happen, but P&O do claim the right to cap numbers if there are too many in any one age group - more likely to happen during school holiday cruises, of course - so the sooner you sign them up, the better. It only takes a few minutes. They are also very aware of things like allergies and dealt with this brilliantly for my children's serious food allergy. Hope you have a wonderful time.

P&O restrict numbers of children of a specific age prior to booking, i.e. if you attempt to book a family in at a school holiday peak time and you have a child of x years of age they sometimes will not accept your cruise booking. So if you get on the ship you should be OK 99% of the time. Another thing they do is where they get insufficient numbers or disproportionate numbers of children of a specific age group they amalgamate clubs or change the age ranges to equalise the club sizes in terms of participants. The only real time they have problems is the Night Nursery from 11pm to 2am where cots are limited floor rolls are not so bad.

The structured activities relating to age running through the day tend to wind down later in the evening and when you collect your children mid to late evening you will probably find an impromptu grandstand made from bean bags, chairs and the like facing a big TV screen, the lights down low and half the viewers have nodded off.

Regards John

Do I knw the times of the clubs is it like 10-12, 1-3, 5-8??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The opening times may vary with port/sea days, but in essence they open around 9am/9.30am, close down for meal breaks, and stay open until very late 10pm/11pm I would estimate. The club is open a very long time.

A special afternoon tea for children is available on all ships, where only the children eat (not the parents) in the Buffet. This is in case parents want to dine alone of an evening and have deposited children in the club facility. All children may eat in the main dining rooms or buffet. Bearing this in mind if you go for Club Dining with children on a large shared table. It can be awkward if behaviour is bad. My daughter has always coped with strangers at the table from very young. So if you have problems the first day the children's tea is a fall back option.

Regards John

Sounds great yeh think certainly some days it would be nice to have dinner alone and do the kids meals with them earlier fingers crossed they love the club and make some friends xx

Thanks for the heads up x

Can u put kids in the kids club if u go off for port for an hour or do I have to be on the ship

The rule is that at least one person, over eighteen, who is on the same booking form or family member must remain on ship in port when your child is in the children's club. This needs to be a person who has been authorised by parents to collect the child under normal circumstances. This is the same if the child is not in the club but the responsible person need not be authorised to collect child from the club but should still be family or well known by child before embarking. In the latter case I think they may be 16 or older. This is the P&O rules as I understand them.

Regards John

Excellent I personally wouldn't leave them on. **** if I wasn't there anyway but my fried was asking for her I think maybe other ships have different rules

The different cruise lines have radically different rules. Princess Cruise Line allows children of a young age to self sign in or out or in and out of the club if parents agree. On port days this does not apply and a lock in occurs where no children may leave except if parents sign them out. The children are marched down to the buffet for meals and back to the club after. Parents are allowed to be ashore long term as children are safe and locked in so as to speak. Virtually the opposite to P&O rules.

Regards John