"Nursery" on Royal

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Nursery on Harmony or Allure. My son will be 2.5 years old when we sail and we are throwing around the idea of signing him up for an hour or 2 so we can do an adult dinner. We have never used the nursery on any ship before ( he was only 18 months on our last cruise and we were not comfortable leaving him). Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated! What kind of activities do they do with the under 3 group? How are the counselors? Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Nursery on Harmony or Allure. My son will be 2.5 years old when we sail and we are throwing around the idea of signing him up for an hour or 2 so we can do an adult dinner. We have never used the nursery on any ship before ( he was only 18 months on our last cruise and we were not comfortable leaving him). Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated! What kind of activities do they do with the under 3 group? How are the counselors? Thanks!

Stay tuned, we will be boarding Oasis on Sunday and will have both boys with us, the youngest is 16 months. I will do my best to post all the info I can on the nursery, as I have no luck getting much info.

We used the nursery on Oasis in Dec 2016 with our then 16 month old daughter. We mostly used it in the evening so we could go to dinner but we liked it so much we signed her up for 2 hours on the last Sea day to get in some solarium time. Our only pool time during he week had been in the splash pool with the baby.

We loved it! The staff were great. Very attentive and kept good notes on what they did during their time in the nursery. There are always at least 2 staff members and they have ratios so the slots are limited.

They will feed your child a meal or snacks. Either you can bring specific food or they have some food delivered from the kitchen (I.e. Fruit, yogurt, mashed potatoes, cereal, milk, juice).

They have 5-6 cribs, bouncy seats and all kinds of baby toys. The staff get down on the floor and play with the child. They also did a handprint project. They ask what time your child goes to sleep and where you want them to sleep (stroller vs crib). We always said crib. She was asleep all nights but one when we went to get her.

They give you a phone so they can reach you if something comes up but we never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, you can borrow a bag of age appropriate toys for your cabin to use throughout the cruise. Just need to be returned on the last night of the cruise. There was a playroom in the kids area you could go to with your child whenever you wanted. This was good to get out of the heat and give her something to do some afternoons.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums