Airline Changed Return Flight Time.....oh noes!

In today's age it is always hit or miss with close connections. If things go ok there is plenty of time to make your flight. However, there is three potentials for bottlenecks. 1) Customs: most of the time you breeze through but there has been

Times when I have had to wait 45 minutes to clear due to lines and either slow screenings or not enough staff. Some of this is probably related to the ports of call(they have higher rates of violating items than other ports).

2) true with any large city but due to causeways that lead on and off the pier any accident can really snarl traffic. Nothing you can do about that until you leave the port.

3) line to checkin and check luggage can be very long at times. Also TSA lines can vary and be over an hour in time.

If you were just a couple of adults traveling I would say don't worry about it but with 2 young kids it might be safer to switch to a later fight. Would you rather be early

And sit at the gate for two hours or would you rather try to scramble

to find alternate arrangements to get the whole clan home?

That being said 1130/12 flights are not usually a busy time at the airport (figure you would get to the airport 10-1030) so the lines SHOULD be light.

Maybe something else to

Look into if you change your flight is going to an airport hotel and getting a day pass/day rate. You could leave later in the day and not be stuck in the airport all day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd say most people are correct, you should be fine. However, I always like to plan for the opposite. So, if you do miss your flight.........what are you options. Will the airline put you on standby for the next flight out? I know I missed a connection flight once (first time flyer, I didn't know to re-check my gate number :() and they were able to put me on stand-by for the next flight out with no extra charge. It just can't hurt to have a back up plan.