Fanning Island-Napili Beach accessability

Chilcotin

We are going to be on Fanning Island and really want to go on the Napili Beach excursion. We are on a March sailing of the Norwegian Wind.

Unfortunately, I have multiple sclerosis and have some difficulty walking; I have a new brace for my leg to help me walk. I also have a walker and a wheelchair.

Is the pathway to the beach quit uneven or could my husband push me in a wheelchair or could I use my walker?

I really want to go there as Gilligan's Island was one of my favorite TV shows as a kid. :)

Any tips would be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Its been two years since I was there, but my recollection is that it is not a short walk. The walkway was level and not paved. Locals sell their local craft creations, and we bought some rather delightful pieces....better than the mass produced souvenir store crafts. If you feel up to it I strongly urge you to do it. If it is too difficult you can always turn back...its relatively inexpensive as excursions go. Now about the beach...I have been on 5 cruises, to Florida countless times and twice to Hawaii, and it is without doubt my favorite beach by far. When DW and I cruise Hawaii next we will book whatever ship has Fanning Island on its itinerary so we can visit Napili beach. I waded 50 yards from shore and the ocean bottom was sandy, and the water level never rose above my knees. If you would like to post your email address I will send you a few photos we have from our visit there. It is the #1 excursion and #1 beach in our book. Hope you are able to visit.

Thank you for the offer to send me your Fanning Island pictures. My email address is now part of my signature.

When I was looking at your profile I noticed you share your birthday with my sister. She was born in 1961.

I also noticed that you are travelling on the Norwegian Sun. We cruised on her last May to Alaska and had a nice time. The cruise director at that time, Colin Kerr, was the best we had ever had on a ship.

I look forward to viewing your pictures.

We are going to be on Fanning Island and really want to go on the Napili Beach excursion. We are on a March sailing of the Norwegian Wind.

Unfortunately, I have multiple sclerosis and have some difficulty walking; I have a new brace for my leg to help me walk. I also have a walker and a wheelchair.

Is the pathway to the beach quit uneven or could my husband push me in a wheelchair or could I use my walker?

I really want to go there as Gilligan's Island was one of my favorite TV shows as a kid. :)

Any tips would be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This by far, was our best vacation and the most beautiful beach. The crafts that the natives sell were simple yet are some of our most treasured souvenirs. Look at my pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingfrommn

Hi,

We were just there in August and Fanning Island was my favorite place! We wished that we could stay another day. It was so relaxing and the water was beautiful!

You shouldn't have any problem getting to the beach. The path is a little rocky and uneven, but they have special wheel chairs made out of PVC piping with large wheels for the "off-road" experience. I hung out in the water talking to a lady that had wheeled her Mom to the beach. She said it was a bit of a workout, but very do-able. You may want to make sure and reserve one of the wheel chairs for your use, also try to go over on the early render to get the best places on the beach. We were there early and had 2 chaise lounges in the shade of the coconut trees. Many of the people on later tenders ended up with chairs under umbrellas or just sat at picnic tables.

Archived