please share your holiday/party fashion

MrsMoose2001

Fun thread!

For New Years Eve, my BF is taking me to San Francisco for the weekend and we are going to this really cool 1930's type jazz club called "Jazz at Pearls". It is a dressy event so he will be in black tie and I will wear a full length black silk jersey Tadashi gown that looks like a flapper style. They suggest period type dress so I think this will work.

If I remember to bring my camera, I will take a photo and post.

How about making a jeweled or beaded fabric band to wear around your forehead, just under your bangs? You could even add a subtle black feather in the back. That would add a dressy flapper look to your outfit.

Sorry I missed you in NY. Can't wait to hear about your visit.

Jane

We went to the Oak Room at Tavern on the Green for a nightcap and were very disappointed. They made the nastiest martini I have ever tried to drink and then added 18.5% service charge to our bill, so we paid 50 bucks for a glass of wine, a martini and a Baileys. Then, they "forgot" to bring a receipt and I think she was hoping that we would not figure out the service charge and leave an additional tip. Anyway, that is my last time there.

I had no idea you'd go there or I would have "warned" you. That place is strictly tourist trap.

I hope to get back soon but my schedule is nuts for the next five months.

Hope you can get here again. Next time let's make sure I'll be in town!:)

Jane

Yes, Tavern on the Green has certainly changed over the years. The last time I went had to have been in the early to mid 80's then when hubby and I were in NYC in spring of 2001, he had never been and wanted to go for lunch, what a disappointment!! Lousey food and definitely a tourist trap, I would never go again. What I also found went down hill is the Four Seasons restaurant on I think 54th St. I went there in 2001 for dinner and it's not like it was in the early 80's either.

I had no idea you'd go there or I would have "warned" you. That place is strictly tourist trap.

Jane

Hey Jane! Yes, I know it is a tourist trap and normally just go to show NYC virgins the lights. But, I figured how bad can it be? And it was!

We will be up in Feb looks like so hope to catch you then.

Jane

Hey Jane! Yes, I know it is a tourist trap and normally just go to show first timers to NYC the lights outside. But, I figured how bad can it be? And it was!

We will be up in Feb looks like to catch Harry Connick so hope to catch you then.

Caviargal, lucky you to be able to see Harry Connick! He's adorable and SO talented! Can you tell I'm green?! :D

I almost forgot about one party...my mom and I go to a wine tasting class once a month and next week is our Holiday class, so I'll have to wear a holiday sweater or something to that...we get presents and the wines that night are ALL champagnes!!! YYYYUUUUMMMMM!!!:)

Gjules, that sounds like loads of fun, hubby and I used to go to wine tasteing class once a month also, we stopped a while ago, but your party sounds like loads of fun. DH can't drink champagne he has some kind of allergy to it, gets sick from it, but I enjoy a good glass now and again. I hope you really enjoy that party.

In NYC there is a place called Champagne Bar or is it the Bubbly Lounge, anyway, I could have good high end champange by the glass and hubby could have his vodka, that was a fun place, it's in Tribeca about a block from Nobu stopped there before our dinner reservations, really nice place too if anyone is headed down that way. Also fun for after dinner drinks as we went once after dinner.

I should be in NYC in April, I just bought tickets for the new Andrew Lloyd Webber show, Woman in White, and am waiting to purchase tickets for Lesat when they start selling and see what else is coming out for April.

How about wearing winter white with a kelly green or tartan scarf?

Well I didn't think of that - I just got stuck on the green I guess.

Actually I just bought a winter white fisherman-weave type of sweater - but it's a v-neck - low cut but not super low. I could certainly pick up a kelly green scarf to wear with it. But I need help here - I'm not a scarf person, I don't own a single one. How might I wear a scarf with this sweater? Or is there some other way I might "green it up"?

1450423192_Misc031.jpg.62e9a6b4b673c35f9709512dd5666725.jpg

Archived