Internet Social Package Question

HLNFan

Has anyone used the Social package (the cheapest tier in the HUB packages) and used Facebook to video call home? Just curious if we can get away with that package for the week, or if we need to go higher.

Thanks

Has anyone used the Social package (the cheapest tier in the HUB packages) and used Facebook to video call home? Just curious if we can get away with that package for the week, or if we need to go higher.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the lowest tier in the hub packages explicitly excludes video.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I finally was able to search for the description of the service:

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price!*Our ships*feature*awesome*internet plans.

Carnival’s Internet plans include:

Social*($5*USD*per day)* – Offers access to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and popular airline websites. Note:*Plan does not include in-app calling, Facetime, Snapchat, iMessage or access to any other sites or apps.*Value*($16*USD*per day)* – Provides access to a wide variety of sites and apps, including social media, e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and more. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming services such as Spotify.Premium*($25*USD*per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I think by saying Messenger is able to be used, and without getting into too much explanation by them, it means all of Messenger and the features. No one was able to use iChat or any of the iPhone apps except Messenger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app