A few things missing from the menu Pearl 5/21-28/17 Alaska cruise

mamasylvia

I had a long list of things to be sure to try. Unfortunately, some are now gone.

- No BBQ ribs at O'Sheehan's

- I never saw food at the Great Outdoors - it was quite nippy until the next-to-last day. Some brave people used the hot tub anyway but I wasn't one of them. lol

- Garden Cafe (buffet) seating was a nightmare at mealtimes. Even the overflow area at La Cucina was jammed, and with no trays, even able-bodied people were unable to manage more than one plate and one cup of something at a time. The few times I ate there, I took advantage of servers offering to help me or I'd never have gotten food and drink at the same time. (We brought this up at the end-of-cruise wrap-up discussion with the hotel director.)

- I never saw potato skins with crab salad on the MDR lunch menu, but there was an Atlantic crab salad with avocado and beets which may have replaced it and was quite delicious - I had 2 and skipped the uninteresting-looking entrees. ;)

- Also never saw stuffed mushroom with marinara sauce appetizer, black bean soup, pancetta wrapped jumbo shrimp, Beef Wellington, Grilled Vermont Duck Breast, Basil Chicken, Swordfish, Chicken Kiev, Wiener Schnitzel, dessert souffle. I was under the weather the first couple of days but I can't believe I missed ALL of these.

- No Nutella for crepes, no blueberries. Choices were canned apple pie filling, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Okay but definitely nothing to get excited about.

On the plus side, the Cornish hen was fabulous, the almond breakfast croissants were lethally addictive, and they had both conventional and unconventional Eggs Benedict at the buffet every morning. One day they had some Mexican sauce under the poached egg, another day they had creamed mushrooms - I can't remember the rest but yummy. I took photos of most of the menus that i will share when I get organized enough to tackle my photos.

As I said in the original post, La Cucina was just as crowded as Garden Cafe on our sailing.

I haven't taken pix of the dailies yet. I brought home the ones that I was able to grab before my son threw them away.