pacific princess very forward cabins

mitchdew

Hello,

We booked a trip from Bangkok to Cape town on the Pacific princess. Our TA told us that the only cabins avaible for assigment were the cat BA 7000 and 6000. Those are in deck 6 and 7 at the very front of the ship. I am afraid that the wind will be unbearable when we have our balcony open and the ship is in full speed.

Anybosy has used this cabins before??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Had sis-in-law in 6004, Oceania's Regatta, a sister ship to Pacific Princess, this past August in Baltic. Not a balcony, so wind not an issue - but she said noise and vibration very annoying early mornings, when thrusting into ports. We didn't have any tender ports on that trip - but would imagine that anchor chain noise would also be an unwelcome early AM wakeup.

We were midships on that trip, and never heard nor felt the thrusters.

We had this balcony cabin on Oceania's Regatta, sister to Pacific Princess. We loved it, but we had a very port intensive itinerary in the Baltic. It was fascinating be able to watch the deckhands, and a really neat way to watch us coming into port. It does get windy on sea days, and I don't think you'll spend a lot of time there whilst you're underway. You'll notice that the forward balcony bulkhead is steel plate, not the open railing you'd have in a standard mid-ships balcony. Therefor the view forward whilst you're seated is limited.

I have booked this same cabin for Pacific Princess is Asia next year, 16 day Beijing to Bangkok for the same reason I booked it in the Baltic. It will allow a bird's eye view as we sail into Hong Kong harbor, Shanghai, Singapore, etc.

Frankly, I wouldn't book this forward balcony on a sea-day intensive itinerary.

I hope this helps.

cabinclass

Archived