Question for anyone who has done the Barcelona-Venice route on the Millie...

bevrun

Hi,

I am concerned about the logistics of getting a rather large group on a tender in Villefranche and on shore by 10:30 AM. We are doing a private tour and do not have priority tendering. What was your experience at this port?

Thanks,

Bev

If any of your group is an elite cruiser with celebrity or they are in a suite they can get priority tendering.. otherwise get to the celebrity theater early for a tender ticket.. my recollection from our med cruise 2001 was that we got into town early..

Nieuw Amsterdam 1958

RMS Ivernia 1960

Century 1996

Galaxy 1997

Nor Majesty 1998

Mercury 1999

Galaxy 1999

Disney Magic 2000

Century 2000

Millenium 2001

Golden Princess 2001

Summitt(Hawaii 2002

Summitt(Carib) 2002

Horizon 2003

Golden Princess 2003(oct)

Summitt 2004 feb

When on the Millennium Barcelona-Venice last Sept., we had a Celebrity shore excursion, so I can't answer your question from that perspective, but . . . My husband and I got priority tendering when in Villefranche last month while on the Galaxy Transatlantic -- I think due to being Captain's Club Select (or Elite). I don't know if or how that works with a group, however. Maybe someone can answer that part.

The tenders worked rather well for getting people off the ship.

Celebrity Galaxy Eastern Caribbean 3/25/2002 & 11/24/2003; Celebrity Galaxy Western Caribbean 11/22/2002 & 4/18/2003; Celebrity Millennium Mediterranean 9/8/2003; Galaxy Transatlantic 5/7/2004

We just got off the Millie Barc-Venice on May 21 and had no problem meeting a private tour guide in Villefranche for a 10:30 meeting time. We had no priority tender tickets but it all went rather smoothly. The rest of our small group caught a tender after us so we waited around for them about 10 minutes but the guide was very patient. We went with Dream-Tours and they were fabulous. Our driver was Jean Marc--just great!

Barbara

Archived