FTTF in New Orleans

DopeyRN1

We sailed on the Dream last November out of New Orleans and are doing it again. FTTF was sold out last time. There is staggered check in times in effect in NOLA, but here's what we found. We were directed 4 different ways by 4 different people. It was hot and muggy and we were being herded around dragging our luggage behind us. Finally one kind soul told us to drop the luggage off over there and get in line here. He even walked with us. After standing in line for a long time, we were redirected to another line, but this time we were standing out in the sun. Worst boarding EVER. People in front of us were supposed to be there 2 hours AFTER us.

So, even though NOLA supposedly has staggered check in, is FTTF worth the money? Does NOLA have a lounge or someplace that they bring you in out of the heat?

Thanks!

As someone who will also be using FTTF for the first time in NOLA next month, I'm curious as well. Being able to get out of the sun was a big goal in buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had FTTF on a cruise out of NOLA. I showed up to port after the FTTF calling but was whisked away to the front of the line and boarded immediately after getting my picture taken. From parking in the garage to boarding it was probably less then 30 minutes.

Have done FTTF in NOLA. Went to the front of the line of the chaos. Rah Rah Rah.

This past cruise, after several cruises out of NOLA I finally figured it out. Arrived at the port fairly early, checked our baggage with the porters and parked. Then went to the French Quarter. Do your thing there and eat some of the best food on this earth. Arrived back at the dock about 2:30 and we were literally the only passengers in the terminal. May have missed lunch on The Lido Deck but any place in The French Quarter has it beat.

Best and easiest embarkation ever.

Our last cruise was thru NOLA. No FTTF. Arrived about 20 minutes PAST our scheduled check-in time, and we were sent right into the air conditioned terminal to front of the line.

I guess I just understand why anyone would put themselves thru the stress of getting there early and having to wait outside in NOLA heat and humidity. As long as you board before the deadline, the ship isn't leaving without you.

Our last cruise was thru NOLA. No FTTF. Arrived about 20 minutes PAST our scheduled check-in time, and we were sent right into the air conditioned terminal to front of the line.

I guess I just understand why anyone would put themselves thru the stress of getting there early and having to wait outside in NOLA heat and humidity. As long as you board before the deadline, the ship isn't leaving without you.

We were planning on getting there later, but I really want to get the behind the fun tour for us and my understanding is you pretty much have to be one of the first people to the shore excursion desk to get on it since it's so limited.

Mexicobob...so glad you enjoyed the Quarter and the food. I live here, so no desire to do that. But a great idea for visitors!

cajunfla...I think you got lucky because when we went, they paid NO attention to scheduled arrival times. We had a 12:00 time and had 2:00 people in front of us.

MikeMSD, you can buy it before you get on the boat, so no need to stand in line onboard. :)

Hello, my family will be cruising on the Dream next month & the FTTF has been sold out since we booked. We have never sailed out of NOLA so I have been concerned about the line process due to I am traveling with my parents. Is the entire line process for NOLA outside in the heat? Is there any place for older people to get air conditioning or at least sit down?

Thanks.

Ugh! When it was all said and done, when I went to book FTTF, it was sold out after all. So just chose 11am boarding (earleist) and hope for the best.

It's possible for it to reopen. Quantity of FTTF's depends on quantity of priority diamond, platinum, wedding parties. Carnival can prepare only so many cabins "first". If the number of priority people don't fill up the allotted "first" group, then more FTTF's will be opened. Someone's cabin has to be last.

MikeMSD, you can buy it before you get on the boat, so no need to stand in line onboard. :)

How? I haven't found it online under the shore excursions and everyone has told me it can only be purchased onboard. Can it be done on the phone?