Carnival Groups Shared Cocktail Party Questions

Has anyone attended a Carnival Groups Shared Cocktail party? Our group has a free one arranged for 1 hr. Do you know if it is invitation only and if it normally takes place on port day or sea day? Also, were all drinks offered or only cocktails? Lastly, were there several groups mixed with yours? Any help would be appreciated. I can't find any posts past the 2012 year. I was just checking for updated information. Thanks...

I went early to make sure I got the section/seats I wanted for my group. It will be different groups mixed in. There were 3 cocktails that they are passing bff around. However, my group ordered other cocktails and we passed around a tip cup. An invitation was left in the cabins. I reminded people in my group regarding the party. It varied as to the day held.

We had a shared cocktail party on the Magic in January. It was held on a sea day towards the end of the cruise and it was held in the disco. As the group leader, I went early and scoped out a nice private area for our group. The servers were going around with a few selections of drinks, champagne and wine but the bar was open and you could go up and order what you wanted, including beer. I would recommend giving the bartender a tip if you're requesting something special. They will be more inclined to help you out next time :)

• 2 months later...

Thank you! I was going to ask the same thing as we have a group cruise coming up and one of the fun points I'm using is the shared cocktail party. How early did you go to check out the place and pick a spot? And when does Carnival let you know the date and time of the cocktail party? And lastly...do they have music during? Thank you!

We had a shared cocktail party on the Magic in January. It was held on a sea day towards the end of the cruise and it was held in the disco. As the group leader, I went early and scoped out a nice private area for our group. The servers were going around with a few selections of drinks, champagne and wine but the bar was open and you could go up and order what you wanted, including beer. I would recommend giving the bartender a tip if you're requesting something special. They will be more inclined to help you out next time :)

Thank you! I was going to ask the same thing as we have a group cruise coming up and one of the fun points I'm using is the shared cocktail party. How early did you go to check out the place and pick a spot? And when does Carnival let you know the date and time of the cocktail party? And lastly...do they have music during? Thank you!

As the group leader you should be able to find out early in the cruise when the party will be from the group coordinator, that way you can plan accordingly. I went about 30 min. in advance. It was really easy on the Magic to get a semi-private area as there is a semi-circular section to the disco. I also brought on large bags of snacks and bowls and set them out on the tables for my group. They did not have music during the party. Even if they did, you could not have heard it because the noise level was so high. There were A LOT of groups at this event. Now that Carnival requires 50 cabins to have a private cocktail party you will see more of this in the future.