Comparing kids programs NCL vs. RCI

Domb23

i have typically been loyal to royal over the years, but am looking to book a family cruise next year. I have been reading a lot about NCL, and seem very intrigued, but have heard not so great things about the kids programs. I would love to hear opinions from people that have kids that have been both in NCL and RCI kids programs. I would love to hear what people have to say.....

Thanks!!!

We've only done NCL... but our daughter has done both the Dolphins (10-12) and Teen Entourage. She is normally pretty shy, but she hardly left either club. They do close for lunch and dinner, so you are stuck spending some time with your kids ;) The counselors are great. DDs favorite time was post-dinner, the activities were always right up her alley... loosely based on hunger games, maze runner and amazing race games... scavenger hunts and boy vs girl competitions.

The only real difference I would note would be ship based. Some of the RCCL/NCL ships just have more amenities that allow more option for the staff (RCCL depending on the ship has flowrider, skydiving, bumper cars, etc). NCL has the go carts coming on some ships, climbing walls, and the ropes course.