My Time Dining - Costs

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm searching the boards and can't find a straight answer.

I'm wondering if there are any fees associated with My Time Dining that there aren't with Traditional Dining. I see on the RC FAQ page that gratuities must be paid in advance with MTD, but if I have already paid my gratuities up front, then is that covered or are there additional fees that you folks know of?

Lisa N

none whatsoever. they stopped making people on MTD pre pay gratuities a while ago because it was unfair esp to those who had a lot of OBC they wanted to put towards it.

OH! Maybe that explains why I haven't been able to figure out where to pay them LOL. Dang, I would have liked to pay them in advance so I didn't have to worry about it later. Thanks for the info though!

Lisa N

I highly recommend to make reservation for the time you want to eat each evening to avoid being on a wait list

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I have seen that suggestion and will definitely do so. I just don't want to be locked into a specific time slot and would like to meet some new people each night rather than dine with the same group.

Lisa N.

Thanks. I have seen that suggestion and will definitely do so. I just don't want to be locked into a specific time slot and would like to meet some new people each night rather than dine with the same group.

Lisa N.

If you prefer to dine with other people, you probably won't really need a reservation. I think those requesting a two-top, or a table just for their group are more likely to need a reservation if they don't want to wait. That's been my experience on every cruise, every cruise line that offers any time dining. Any time is our preference, and even requesting a table for two we haven't had to wait very long most nights. YMMV, but I'd actually prefer to wait a bit than have to decide early in the day when I'll feel like eating dinner.

If you prefer to dine with other people, you probably won't really need a reservation. I think those requesting a two-top, or a table just for their group are more likely to need a reservation if they don't want to wait. That's been my experience on every cruise, every cruise line that offers any time dining. Any time is our preference, and even requesting a table for two we haven't had to wait very long most nights. YMMV, but I'd actually prefer to wait a bit than have to decide early in the day when I'll feel like eating dinner.

A valid point and helpful. Thanks for the info, Sue (and Larry!) :)

Lisa N.

OH! Maybe that explains why I haven't been able to figure out where to pay them LOL. Dang, I would have liked to pay them in advance so I didn't have to worry about it later. Thanks for the info though!

Lisa N

You can still do that. It can be added from the extras page on your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums