quilting question - row by row

jjduck

Love the enthusiasm in the "quilt shops" thread! Specifically, what is the row-by-row project? I am an amateur at quilting, mostly like to buy fabrics on trips as a memory and then to piece work. Just curious what the patterns are?

Thank you for any information.

Noreen.

Google Row by Row Experience to find the official site. Basically, participating quilt shops around the country have each designed their own unique pattern. Each is one row and can be put together however you like, or made into wall hangings.

jjduck, make sure you check the Row by Row for your local stores as well. i see that you are in Hawaii and there are always some great rows there. I love grabbing the rows because they are small projects that help me work on skills that I might not be able to attempt on a larger project.

The row by row patterns are free from June 21st until Sept 5th at all of the shops that are participating. You can come back a second time and pick up another free pattern.

Why?

1) I mail them to my out of state friends and they, in turn, mail me ones they have spares of from their state.

2) Maybe there will be quilters on your cruise and you can exchange the 'spare' patterns from your state for one from their state.

I think the best way to find your fellow cruising quilters would be to give a shout out in your ship's roll call thread and see who is interested in swapping patterns. Just a thought.