Waitlisted for Early Dining

uwbadger

We leave Saturday on the Diamond and as of this morning we are still #16 on the waitlist for early dining. Even though we made the reservation ages ago, we have only moved down to #16 on the list.

We are traveling with friends who have never cruised before so we really want them to experience "traditional" dining for their first cruise and also we have three young children between our two families so early seating allows us to feed them and get them into the children's program in time for the evening activities.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice from those of you who have been waitlisted.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Does anyone have any advice?

Carnival Spirit - May 2001

Regal Princess - Jul 2002

RCCL Radiance - May 2003

RCCL Monarch - Nov 2003

Carnival Spirit - Apr 2004

Diamond Princess - Jun 2004

Carnival Conquest - Aug 2004

Carnival Spirit - Mar 2005

Disney Magic - Aug 2005

16 is not a bad number. If you don't get traditional early or late it isn't a big deal.

On Diamond you can Tradionalize PC, go the the Maitre'd of one of the less in demand PC rooms, our suggestion would be Vivaldi as the service there was very good. Make a daily, same-time, same-table, same-staff reservation for an early time, 5:30 or 6:00 and Voila, you have an early traditional experience and your group eats together daily.

If you are anxious to try another room as well, go there late for a mini-dinner one night after you regular meal, have a coffee and dessert at 9:30 just to see the room.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

I have 2 suggestions for you. First, see the maitre'd on the afternoon you board and ask nicely (or even slip him a little something.) That might do it right there. But second, personal choice dining allows you to make a standing reservation at any time you choose in one of the PC DRs, so it ends up being pretty much like traditional (except for no Baked Alaska parade). One of these ideas should get you your desired result. I've also seen some families who feed their children separately at the buffet or grill, at least on some nights, then take them to the children's program so they can enjoy an adults-only dinner. Anyway, have a great time!!

We leave in 4 1/2 months. I checked this morning and we are still 83 on the list for late seating. What are our chances of getting our late seating request without having to arrange it once we are on the ship.

We started at #152 3 months prior to our cruise and only managed to get down to #117 by cruise day. We did as others above had suggested and made a standing reservation for PC dining. The only difference was there were no singing waiters and I can't say as I missed it (thought I would). A couple of tables around us were doing the same thing so we felt as we were traditional.

I called the concierge desk as soon as I boarded, was in the call que for 20 minutes but had no problem with an 8:15 reservation for a table with 8 people.

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03