Cruise Critic Community
TeanneTX

Taxi cost in Suva

We will be in Suva on a Sunday in Oct. 2017. We plan to go to church at 10 am, then go back to the ship to change clothes and grab a bite to eat. Then we'd like to take a cab to Colo-ISuva Park for some hiking. We want the cab driver to wait for us and then take us back to the ship. We're all in our 60's and fairly healthy so I think the hike is very doable. Any idea what a taxi would cost for transport to and from the ship and then waiting while we hike. I ready somewhere that someone paid $ 20 PP (4 people) for just 2 hrs which seems really high. Also are the taxis in good condition and credible.

Teanne

We hired a taxi and driver for a couple hours of sightseeing. Sorry, I don't remember the cost. Among other things, he took us to a nice park where we all four of us got out of the taxi for a couple of minutes to take photos. My sister and I left our handbags on the floor of the back seat. That must be when the driver stole money from our bags. Be careful!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We hired a taxi and driver for a couple hours of sightseeing. Sorry, I don't remember the cost. Among other things, he took us to a nice park where we all four of us got out of the taxi for a couple of minutes to take photos. My sister and I left our handbags on the floor of the back seat. That must be when the driver stole money from our bags. Be careful!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Good to know-thank you.