call me stupid but...

holidayathesea

I am bringing two suitcases (big ones with rollers)and 1 carry-on for a 12 day trip (5 days Galveston and 7 days cruise). I love clothes, love shoes and hate to pay mucho bucks for something on the ship I could have brought from home. And I plan on doing laundry.

I bought these big rolling suitcases for our last Alaska cruise (10 days) and it was a great investment. One for me and one for hubby.

Life is too short to leave my fancy shoes at home.

I'm really hoping to get everything into 1 suitcase and a carry-on, does this seem totally impossible? My carry-on would either be a duffell bag or a backpack, depending on how much room. I'd much rather fill my carry-on with clothes than things to do or books. I will probably only bring one book.

Do you think I need to bring 2 or 3 books for a cruise vacation?!?! Wow, I think I'm worrying too much, but I'm a worry wart and don't know how to stop!

Random few q's. We are flying through the cruise line. We land (assuming everything is on time) at 930 in FLL. Then are shuttled over to the peir. What time do you think we will be at the pier and what time do they typically start boarding?

Also, Do they give you like lil shampoo and soaps like on a normal hotel or is it best to bring a bar of soap and such?

:rolleyes: kidding just kidding LOL . They give you the shampo's and soap in your cabin. If you like a certain type then take that with you. Also they have hairdryers in the Staterooms. Which is a cabin. Wish I was there right now. Enjoy:)

No one seemed to mention the most obvious choice. Princess has self service laundry so you can wash your own stuff for the cost of the soap. I believe it is about a dollar for the soap. Disney also has laundry, but it depends on which hotel you are staying in or if you are off property. If you like to buy souvenirs then you can pack a little less t-shirts and sweaters and buy them at Disney and in the Caribbean.

We plan on doing laundry as it is, but now that I'm starting to pack, none of the clothes for Disney and the Caribbean seem to be the same! I plan on layering with a sweatshirt at Disney, but I guess I need to look at the weather again and figure stuff out! Too much to do this next week. I have a wake/funeral, final exams, and packing!!

We plan on doing laundry as it is, but now that I'm starting to pack, none of the clothes for Disney and the Caribbean seem to be the same! I plan on layering with a sweatshirt at Disney, but I guess I need to look at the weather again and figure stuff out! Too much to do this next week. I have a wake/funeral, final exams, and packing!!

Archived