Divider on balcony

Our friends are in the cabin next to us on our upcoming Allure sailing. Are we able to request the balcony divider be opened and if so who do I ask and when?

Ask your stateroom attendant, and they will open the divider pending approval from ship's management.

We had 4 Boardwalk cabins on Harmony recently...when we asked our steward..he said sure, just pull up the lever on the divider...easy to do so we did it ourselves...no special tool needed.

We had 4 Boardwalk cabins on Harmony recently...when we asked our steward..he said sure, just pull up the lever on the divider...easy to do so we did it ourselves...no special tool needed.

Are you saying you could open the divider yourself, from one side?

Are you saying you could open the divider yourself, from one side?

Yes...My son and husband definitely and easily did it between all 4 of our balcony's ... We were surprised that nothing special was needed to do this and the cabin steward told us to go ahead it was fine to open them ourselves...If you look at the pop up slide lever it's easy to see how they work...not sure if one had to be standing on each side of the divider to do this or they just reached around. Check it out next time you're onboard...not as complicated or as fool-proof as many think.

Yes...My son and husband definitely and easily did it between all 4 of our balcony's ... We were surprised that nothing special was needed to do this and the cabin steward told us to go ahead it was fine to open them ourselves...If you look at the pop up slide lever it's easy to see how they work...not sure if one had to be standing on each side of the divider to do this or they just reached around. Check it out next time you're onboard...not as complicated or as fool-proof as many think.

I'm surprised it was easy to do from one side. That would seem to be a security issue.

I'm surprised it was easy to do from one side. That would seem to be a security issue.

Just checked with my son for the details on this....He had a very small (key size) flat head tool on his keychain and this opened up the latch easily...but he did have to do this individually from each side of the divider...so not the security issue you were concerned about...

But still surprised the cabin steward said when I asked him as he poked his head into our cabin door if we could open them and said "sure"...maybe we weren't the first that managed to do it ourselves, so in his hurried state of mind when cabins were opened he just assumed we would call him if we couldn't. Strange, but it worked for us.

We just got back from the Freedom and we just opened all 4 rooms up. Just pulled on the sliders.

It is very unusual for them to not be locked in the closed position. I don't think that I have ever encountered it.