First time on P&O

hmd1987

Good Morning everyone

Just looking for some hints/advice please :)

I've been on 2 cruises before, both on Royal and pre kids:)

My mother in law works for p+o, so we are going to book a cruise this afternoon and hopefully get a bit of discount. Looking at B816, britannia next June from southampton (14 nighter). We have 3 year old twins, and need to stick to a budget. Looking at just going for an inside cabin, even though I'm not sure about putting the kids in the upper pullmans...

I've heard that some of the balconies come with a sofa bed? that would be much more suitable but the price jump is probably a bit too much. We want as much cabin space as possible, without spending an arm and a leg.

I've priced up a standard inside on Select, coming in at £3506 - Anyone got any tips as to particular inside cabins to go for or locations? We will be making full use of the kids club

Anyone got any tips as to particular inside cabins to go for or locations?

We had cabin C522 on our two week cruise. Not sure if it's a 4 berth cabin as there was just the two of us in it, our teenage children were next door but one. Location-wise it's just aft of midships, close to the central lifts or you can walk down the corridor to the aft lifts. All cabins on decks above and below, so very quiet. There's a laundrette a little way down the corridor, which might come in handy for you, but there's no noise from it. Handy for getting up to pool deck/buffet and down to restaurants/shops. We were very happy with it. Anywhere round there would be great.

You and partner might not be able to have the bed configured as a double if you're using the overhead Pullman beds for the children, although some stewards will set it up for you that way if you ask. The inside cabins are compact and, IMHO, not as spacious as insides on other P&O ships. I don't know how much bigger the balcony cabins are, but I don't think you'll gain much in space unless you make a big jump up price wise. There are what are known as larger insides, that might be an option for you.

how much larger are the larger insides? It looks to add on another £250, which isn't massive in the grand scheme of things but equally that £250 would pay the tips..

I can't find any dimensions, but there are these photos https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/larger_inside

If you compare this to the picture of a standard Inside on Britannia, it's a bit more room, but not a lot. Also if you have a cabin with a sofa bed it looks as though you would end up scrambling over the sofa to get to your bed/the bathroom/the door.

We went for a larger inside 😊

Couldn't justify the extra almost £1k for a balcony...maybe we will be lucky with an upgrade.

Very excited but 11months away!

Once you have selected a good position, be sure to only select the 'upgrade but only if to a different TYPE of cabin' option. Regular 'upgrades' are usually just to the same type of cabin but in a more central position, which isn't always a positive thing if you suddenly get placed under or over a source of noise. On Britannia, if you select this option only, if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, it should be to a balcony cabin. Good luck!