Whale watching in Grenada

Welly172

Went with a CC group using Hackshaws. Boat was fine but the whales were a disappointment. Very small in size about like a big dolphin and no great breaches. I think it was a little late in the season to see the big ones like humpbacks. It was a nice day on the water and he took us to a great place for lunch and back in time to shop.

Hi there,

We are condisering doing a whale watching trip in Grenada.

Has anybody done this or have any feedback on chances of actual sightings, we will be there 11th March.

thanks for any help or advise.

First Impressions do whale watching trips in Grenada and claim a 90% sucess rate for sighting whales, there are a number of different species which pass through Grenada's waters.

• 1 month later...

What interesting information. And I thought the whales were in Alaska for the summer and went to Hawaii for the winter to have their babies before they miraculously return to Alaska for a feeding frenzy! I guess that's the Pacific and Grenada has Atlantic whales. I lived in St Thomas for 7 years and never heard anyone speak of a whale in the Caribbean. Hmmmm

What interesting information. And I thought the whales were in Alaska for the summer and went to Hawaii for the winter to have their babies before they miraculously return to Alaska for a feeding frenzy! I guess that's the Pacific and Grenada has Atlantic whales. I lived in St Thomas for 7 years and never heard anyone speak of a whale in the Caribbean. Hmmmm

Here's a link to a whale watching tour provider in Grenada. This link is posted somewhere else in this thread and I've tried to get information from them twice with no reply. If anyone has any luck getting an answer, please post it so we'll all know.

http://www.catamaranchartering.com/whale.htm

Archived